Home

The Park with 3's and 2's to 21?

This is a discussion on The Park with 3's and 2's to 21? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Park with 3's and 2's to 21?

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Producer Jerson Sapida just asked via Twitter if users would like to see The Park with 3's and 2's to 21, or just keep it the way it is.

Thoughts?
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Park with 3's and 2's to 21?

Fix the lag first then make other changes.

the score tracking isnt what broken here. its scoring period. (and defense)
Old 11-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

3s and 2s to 21, 3s and 2s to 21. I'd repeat it one million times if I could.

Mathematically it makes more sense. Right now the "Three" point shot is overpowered. It's worth twice as much as a other shots whereas in the NBA it's worth 1.5 times as much. Part of the reason why 1s and 2s make sense in real life parks is because most guys can't shoot that well. When you're looking at guys with 95 3pt ratings that isn't the case. With the settings in the park being more lose 3s go in at a much higher clip giving that shot even more value. Granted under a new scoring system you'd need 7 3s to go out, whereas now you'd need 8, but that really doesn't happen, there's always an inside shot here and there.

Right now the comeback factor is way too strong. Getting ahead with good offense doesn't mean much when a shot that's counted at a 2:1 ratio is an option. Additionally 2s and 1s kind of forces a 3pt shootout. Shot selection means more with 3s and 2s than with twos and ones.

Lastly the change should make the games go faster. Currently (not factoring in ties) a team needs a max of 15 baskets to go out and a minimum of 8. Changing the scoring system means a minimum of 7 shots, and a max of 11.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Nymesis21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
3s and 2s to 21, 3s and 2s to 21. I'd repeat it one million times if I could.

Mathematically it makes more sense. Right now the "Three" point shot is overpowered. It's worth twice as much as a other shots whereas in the NBA it's worth 1.5 times as much. Part of the reason why 1s and 2s make sense in real life parks is because most guys can't shoot that well. When you're looking at guys with 95 3pt ratings that isn't the case. With the settings in the park being more lose 3s go in at a much higher clip giving that shot even more value. Granted under a new scoring system you'd need 7 3s to go out, whereas now you'd need 8, but that really doesn't happen, there's always an inside shot here and there.

Right now the comeback factor is way too strong. Getting ahead with good offense doesn't mean much when a shot that's counted at a 2:1 ratio is an option. Additionally 2s and 1s kind of forces a 3pt shootout. Shot selection means more with 3s and 2s than with twos and ones.

Lastly the change should make the games go faster. Currently (not factoring in ties) a team needs a max of 15 baskets to go out and a minimum of 8. Changing the scoring system means a minimum of 7 shots, and a max of 11.
I completely agree with you, only probably I could see is just more waiting. Especially during rival weekends when everybody and their grandmas are playing, would take a while for games to finish

-August Burns Red
Old 11-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

2s should stay at 15 IMO. I could see threes to 21. But the wait ...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Depends how this is being interpreted, in this thread alone people are assuming both ways.

Does he mean the 2v2 and 3v3 courts going to 21 straight up? Then no. That's aweful. Half the time games don't even need to go to 11 to tell who's going to win, or at least in my experience. Just today I've had 4 15-6(or lower than 6) games.

Or does he mean scoring actually counting and the total score being 21? Then yes. Driving the lane and scoring is completely worthless in park modes right now because it's worth half as much as shooting a 3, and you miss layups even capped out. Basketball isn't all jumpshots and you won't see people playing pickup ball shooting nothing but 3s.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I noticed capped out layups miss very often compared to jumpers
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
Rookie

yes, the three pointer is way too valuable. most park/stage and a lot of Rec games involve one big man getting rebounds and dishing it out to a guy doing left right cheese or the behind the back cheese over and over until he gets an open shot. a seperate issue is the shot contest. I understand contesting a shot late from the side or behind the person not being that effective. But if we're literally on top of each other before the shot is taken the contest should matter more on the shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »