Home

My Career CPU HOF needs a patch

This is a discussion on My Career CPU HOF needs a patch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down My Career CPU HOF needs a patch

It can't just be me. .The amount of contact shots the cpu makes is outrageous. .they make upwards of 80% of these type of shots. .not to mention they get more offensive rebounds a game then my team gets defensive rebounds. ...with these 2 factors how is it even possible to play sim basketball or any type of realistic basketball. ...This needs a patch ASAP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Pro

Re: My Career CPU HOF needs a patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawill
It can't just be me. .The amount of contact shots the cpu makes is outrageous. .they make upwards of 80% of these type of shots. .not to mention they get more offensive rebounds a game then my team gets defensive rebounds. ...with these 2 factors how is it even possible to play sim basketball or any type of realistic basketball. ...This needs a patch ASAP
This has been a hot discussion since launch. Just lower the difficulty to Superstar until you rank up your player. I went through the same thing. Don't get me wrong, HOF still definitely needs tweaking but I am able to be more efficient in the difficulty now.

In the meantime, trust me, drop down to Superstar. You'll enjoy the game more.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was having the same issue until recently. Figured out the only way for my team in My Career to win or have a close game is to take off auto play calling and just pick and roll the cpu to death on every single play. I don't know why but my cpu teammates play better when I set picks. It's the only way so far I've found to counter the HOF cheese.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Hall of fame wasn't meant to be fair, and not even designed to be played in MyCareer. If you don't have control of every player, it's going to be tough to stop the HOF AI. If you're not the primary ballhandler, it's going to be impossible to score at the same pace as the AI does.

Don't play on HOF. Problem solved. Leave HOF to those that want a true challenge that other difficulties can't provide them. It's arrogant to demand that the hardest difficulty be made easier just because you feel it's too unfair. It's supposed to be unfair.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's arrogant to demand that the hardest difficulty be made easier just because you feel it's too unfair. It's supposed to be unfair.
It's certainly not just him that feels it's unfair and unrealistic. It's probably him and thousands of others, myself included.

Your statement comes off a lot more arrogant than his.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 01:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Hall of fame wasn't meant to be fair, and not even designed to be played in MyCareer. If you don't have control of every player, it's going to be tough to stop the HOF AI. If you're not the primary ballhandler, it's going to be impossible to score at the same pace as the AI does.

Don't play on HOF. Problem solved. Leave HOF to those that want a true challenge that other difficulties can't provide them. It's arrogant to demand that the hardest difficulty be made easier just because you feel it's too unfair. It's supposed to be unfair.
You're right it is suppose to be harder..The hardest ..but saying it should be unfair is ridiculous.The game shouldn't become cheesy to simply make it harder if anything you should have to play the game more sim like to keep up with difficulty.In games whatever genre it may be there's something that can be used to combat the difficulty of the game .In this there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop the CPU team from getting all these offensive boards over your team and stop them when they throw up circus shots and make them at a rate better than the good shots they take ..it's just bad

But I will give you this ...maybe you're right about HOF not being meant for MyCareer and needing to control everyone on your team to combat the opposing CPU team

Last edited by alphawill; 11-05-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:22 AM   #7
Rookie

It's not just HOF, it's Pro on up. It's ridiculous. I really can't see how anyone that plays MC can say it's not an issue.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

Beware of attacking HOF cheese on this game or you'll be attacked by "sliders" defenders and people saying to lower the difficulty. That seems to be the only response to something that shouldn't exist on a sports-sim. There is never a counter argument that includes real basketball strategy, it's just always "adjust the sliders" or "lower the difficulty." smh Shouldn't successful basketball strategies used in real life be successful in a sim-basketball game regardless of difficulty? Maybe I'm the crazy one for expecting that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »