Home

MyCareer: will your GM upgrade your team?

This is a discussion on MyCareer: will your GM upgrade your team? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2
MyCareer: will your GM upgrade your team?

Ok so I'm the point guard for the Magic and I'm rated 77 and I'm the highest rated or equally highest rated player on my team. My first season is about over I see some teams have interest in me like the Knicks. I would like to stay loyal to the team that took a chance on me but will the GM improve the team via free agency and will the players currently on the team step it up and improve? We currently have the worst record in the NBA. Won like 16-17 games and many of those wins came when I grabbed the starting PG role as I've had to take over games. Then Channing Frye has the balls to tell me I'm not getting him the ball. Well when I do, he either misses shots or passes it right back to me. Even stands there like a complete ******. This is my first year playing this game mode and just wondering what route I should take? Stay loyal or go to a contender? Thanks guys/girls for any and all input.
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer: will your GM upgrade your team?

My opinion is to jump ship, I'm in my second season with the bucks and we haven't picked up anybody.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Depends on how long you plan to play and how patient you are.

It's impossible to say if your GM specifically will improve your team, and if he does how long it will take. Depends on cap space, what free agents are available, draft picks, and total randomness.

If you're planning on playing out a full career, then I would stay in Orlando and try to build something. If you just want to play a couple seasons and win a title, then go to a contender.

If you go in the MyCareer thread you can look and see what other people had happen with their teams. One guy is on the Pistons and he said his GM has made like 3 major trades already. Another guy said Dwight Howard went to the Wolves in free agency. Once you raise your profile high enough you can successfully build a Big 3 by tweeting at guys and asking them to team up as well, so there are a lot of things that can happen.

I'm on the Sixers, we're pretty bad right now but I plan to stay here for a long time. Me, MCW, Embiid, Noel and the #1 overall draft pick in 2015 makes a strong young core. Of course if the GM donks it up and trades everybody away I'll be pissed and probably leave. But if he lets this young core grow I think we can win titles eventually.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm in my second season with Charlotte and my GM traded MKG and Henderson for Rudy Gay and Sessions. He was pretty active in my first season as well, could just depend on the team.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
Rookie

delspf's Arena

OVR: 5

Is there a way to see transactions besides scrolling thru the "twitter feed"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 12:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Don't want to spoil anything for anybody but

Spoiler

That's only if you're willing to suck for a few years. But also, I think your players get better as your chemistry goes up, at least it was like that the last few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »