Home

Teams that are tough to rebuild

This is a discussion on Teams that are tough to rebuild within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

Waiting on draft classes to be completed before I start a MyLeague franchise, other than the Bucks, 76ers, Jazz and T-wolves. What team do you think would be the toughest and most entertaining to rebuild. I really don't watch regular season basketball only playoffs. So some advise would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

Out of those you listed I'd say the Jazz would be the toughest to rebuild. A lot of odd pieces that don t really fit together on that team. The other teams you listed with the right building have bright futures. The Sixers with the reigning Rookie of the year MCW and the Twin Towers Embiid and Noel. The Bucks with Jabari and the Greek Freek and The Wolves with dunking duo of Zach Lavine and Wiggins.

Personally I'm planning on doing the Hawks. Not exactly a basement team ,but they've been stuck in mediocrity ever since the Dominique trade. Hoping to develop Sheoeder, Adrien Payne, Paul TRILLsapp, and we'll see if Al Horford will become the superstar or possibly be a trade chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ejfalcon9; 10-15-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

Re: Teams that are tough to rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
Out of those you listed I'd say the Jazz would be the toughest to rebuild. A lot of odd pieces that don t really fit together on that team. The other teams you listed with the right building have bright futures. The Sixers with the reigning Rookie of the year MCW and the Twin Towers Embiid and Noel. The Bucks with Jabari and the Greek Freek and The Wolves with dunking duo of Zach Lavine and Wiggins.

Personally I'm planning on doing the Hawks. Not exactly a basement team ,but they've been stuck in mediocrity ever since the Dominique trade. Hoping to develop Sheoeder, Adrien Payne, Paul TRILLsapp, and we'll see if Al Horford will become the superstar or possibly be a trade chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Noles!!!! Thanks for your info, I will look at the Hawks and Jazz also.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Bucks, Jazz, 76ers, Lakers and Wolves are the toughest. I say the Lakers might be the toughest. They really have no assets to get good for at least two years. Personally, I am starting a Bucks MyGM when rosters finalize. I love me some Jabari.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Bucks, Jazz, 76ers, Lakers and Wolves are the toughest. I say the Lakers might be the toughest. They really have no assets to get good for at least two years. Personally, I am starting a Bucks MyGM when rosters finalize. I love me some Jabari.
The Bucks are who I was thinking of rolling with, but the Lakers sound very tempting also. I want to look at cap space and players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

How about the Knicks? You have Melo but you have a logjam at SG. That isn't the biggest issue. You have no good defensive players. Especially in the post. I have tried playing 2 games with them and their defense is brutal.

Another big problem is lack of tradeable assets. No one wants what you can afford to give away. They are old and overpaid besides Hardaway who is your only real budding star. You are also light on draft picks.

Another problem is the owner expects to win now. Even though you don't have talent around Melo he expects success immediately.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

With the knicks, Start melo at the 4 and then start Shumpert at the 3, move Amare to the 5 and bring Dalembert off the bench. I've played a couple quick games with the knicks and that lineup works well, but still no defense, but there is no changing that unless you make trades.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
Rookie

GaryPaytonFanboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Try winning some veterans, like Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, and Kobe a ring first and then rebuild the franchise from the ground up. I would say out of those three Kobe would be the toughest, because they really have no team around him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »