Home

My Career: You dont earn ANY vc when u simulate??

This is a discussion on My Career: You dont earn ANY vc when u simulate?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1

Just finished my 10 day contract and was signed for the rest of the season. So i simulated the next couple of games but received no VC. Every game does have a VC amount listed on it in Calendar, but when i sim my VC doesnt go up? I figured simming games would earn you the minimum amount but NONE?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My Career: You dont earn ANY vc when u simulate??

At the risk of sounding like an ***; why would you assume you get VC for doing nothing?
Old 10-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
At the risk of sounding like an ***; why would you assume you get VC for doing nothing?
Because VC is your player's salary, and your player still plays in simmed games, so he should still get his salary. You should lose out on the bonuses, but not the salary.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Nah its all good. Because ok the listed VC amount on the game, i thought that by simming you'd at least earn that amount, kind of like a "salary" per game, a minimum amount of VC per game when you sim it.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Because VC is your player's salary, and your player still plays in simmed games, so he should still get his salary. You should lose out on the bonuses, but not the salary.

lol you know how many people would abuse that? Someone would just sim get the VC then use the VC on MyTeam or something lol

Last edited by Dmanning2; 10-13-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
lol you know how many people would abuse that? Someone would just sim get the VC then use the VC and use it on MyTeam or something lol
It costs about 40k VC to push your stats all the way up in ONE category, maybe more. Your starting salary is very low, so you're only averaging about 200 VC per game.

200 x 82 = 16,400

You'd be subject to a lower second contract because of sim'd stats. Using your "abuse" method, people would have to sim for a full career only to wind up with a player with no badges and severe attribute caps. Attribute slots unlock as you play better.

I've through the first season(which starts late January for your MyPlayer) and I'm already rated an 80 with several badges and attribute slots added.

Simming would not be an advantage if people got their salaries. They'd still have to play enough to earn badges and get better contracts. For the most advantage, you'd want to buy a bunch of VC and play every single game, but even then you're talking about spending 20-50 bucks for what you could get for just playing a season and still having to play a season anyway.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

^ Maybe not an advantage in mycareer, but why would myteam players care? They could sim 10 seasons and open a ton of packs and just delete the player and repeat the process.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
Nah its all good. Because ok the listed VC amount on the game, i thought that by simming you'd at least earn that amount, kind of like a "salary" per game, a minimum amount of VC per game when you sim it.
Then everyone would play mycareer and Sim season after season while earning free unlimited VC , why would people buy VC then? From 2k POV

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »