Home

Should I get the game or not?

This is a discussion on Should I get the game or not? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Should I get the game or not?

I am seriously considering buying a ps4 just so I can play nba 2k15, because despite some dissappointing things, it seems the game has been taken to another level and we finally can enjoy association again.

However, given the recent start-up problems and things that need to be fixed, I reckon the dissappointment is going to be huge and I would be making a serious mistake. (I would wait for MK: X to come out to buy the console if I don't do it now which is april 2015).

I've read about reaction timing being off, things not popping up, CPU still making incredible shots despite playing good defense etc. These are some serious errors and everything listed seems to me like 2k has released another game with bugs that will be simply not be fixed.

How can a game year in and year out come out with this many errors and flaws, I've never seen anything like it with other (sports) games or am I wrong here?

Please tell me honestly if it's worth it, the last 2k I played was 2k12 on ps3 and just FYI, these things bugged me to the point where I didn't want to play the game anymore:
1) passing errors, like passing to a guy in the backcourt when there's 3 others in front, passing to a guy cross court when a guy is getting open inside or on the fast break not the closest guy
2) defense not being rewarded (almost impossible to block shots with guys like Deke, Olajuwon etc.)
3) sprinting, it had that new thing where the ball would be pushed further ahead like in real life but it still did not resemble actual speed of players like CP3 as opposed to other guys or even centers.
4) association mode not having the right picks, contract options very limited etc.
5) not being able to add players to classic teams, but I understand you can do that now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Should I get the game or not?

1, still exist, just happend to me, I ran a pick pick and roll, was gonna pass to the pick, because he was open in the paint instead it goes to the guy in the corner(guess you have to use the "button pass(R1/RB)".

2. Blocking shots is way op in 2k15. even more than 15 in my opinion. I'm 6'2 PG blocking centers from behind when he has a clear lane to the hoop and going for the dunk.. And other people blocking me from behind etc. Sure it can happen in real life, but not this often.

3. I dont know what u mean with this? never played 2k12 so cant answer
Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Should I get the game or not?

i just bought it, every time i go to start mycareer the servers are down

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »