Home

Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges

This is a discussion on Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Even as an unabashed Curry homer, there are way too many big men and athletic finisher type badges for him, IMO.

Same goes with Kyrie and inversely too many guard type skills for Love. Unless the new system hands out Bronze for any semblance of competence in that area.
What big men and athletic finisher type badges are you referring to? And what guard type skills for Love are you referring to?
Old 09-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
It does.

This isn't exactly true. Read the description for what eraser does in game.

This is the description I found for Eraser in 2k14:

What it does: A successful shot block will raise all on-court teammates' stamina by 5% and will reduce the shooting attributes of the player who got blocked by 5 points for 15 seconds.

Has it been changed?

Ooh, just saw that it acts like an interior lockdown defender badge. That works.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
What big men and athletic finisher type badges are you referring to? And what guard type skills for Love are you referring to?

For instance, I'm not sure I see Curry as a hop step and acrobatic finisher. He's more of a floater and high off the backboard guy and pulls out those moves only very situationally rather than relying on them. But if a Bronze badge is needed for even a modicum of competence, I suppose I can understand that.

I don't think tenacious rebounder is right for him either, even though he's a good rebounding guard defensively. It's more the scheme and his effort that could be replicated merely by good rebound ratings.

Post step back and drop steps shouldn't really be handed to guards that aren't elite post up players (certainly not Curry), and a high level step back freeze shouldn't be applied to Love, IMO.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-20-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #100
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
This is the description I found for Eraser in 2k14:

What it does: A successful shot block will raise all on-court teammates' stamina by 5% and will reduce the shooting attributes of the player who got blocked by 5 points for 15 seconds.

Has it been changed?

Ooh, just saw that it acts like an interior lockdown defender badge. That works.
Yeah check out the full list with description in the first post for what they do in 15.

Even many badges/skills that were in 14 have been revamped for 15. Check out the descriptions!
Old 09-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Yeah check out the full list with description in the first post for what they do in 15.

Even many badges/skills that were in 14 have been revamped for 15. Check out the descriptions!

Ahh. What happened to Dialed-In, Post-Playmaker, and Fan Favorite? Those were some of the situation badges that made a lot of sense to me, and Dialed-In was great for representing streaky shooters. Are their effects folded into other skills, like say Microwave?

I really do like that ankle breaker and post proficiency has been broken out to individual skills. I like that I need to stick with spin moves and flip shots for David Lee instead of being able to pump fake like the Dream (which he never does). Does this mean that there are contextual "ankle breaking" animations that trigger for the right move only if you have proficiency in it? It's much better than the iso spamming to get an ankle breaker in the old system if that's the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 33

Yeap that is what I thought Bed ...

Thus some of the new descriptions and few of the old are still way too vague ... as an example:

- What are "big plays" ?
- When does teammates start "performing poorly" ? How many of them should perform like that before badge kicks in ?
- Does "energizes" mean give stamina boost or something else ?
- How does a player gets "focused" ?
- What specific advantage does "orchestrating the pick & roll game as the ball-handler" gives ? better shots of the dribble ? better drives ? better passes ?
- Since they’re categorized as Outside Scoring, Inside Scoring, Athleticism, Playmaking, Rebounding and Defense badges ... is there any difference from "interior scoring badges" and "inside scoring badges" ?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #103
Rookie

Afro_Explosion's Arena

I wonder how many badges KD has ?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
For instance, I'm not sure I see Curry as a hop step and acrobatic finisher. He's more of a floater and high off the backboard guy and pulls out those moves only very situationally rather than relying on them. But if a Bronze badge is needed for even a modicum of competence, I suppose I can understand that.

I don't think tenacious rebounder is right for him either, even though he's a good rebounding guard defensively. It's more the scheme and his effort that could be replicated merely by good rebound ratings.

Post step back and drop steps shouldn't really be handed to guards that aren't elite post up players (certainly not Curry), and a high level step back freeze shouldn't be applied to Love, IMO.
I see what you mean about him being more of a floater type of guard but I have seen him on occasion pull off a drop step/acrobatic type of finish bUT not often that's why I gave him those skills in bronze. As far as the tenacious rebounding goes, Curry has games where he gets 6-10 rebounds then some games he will get 0-3. In 2k14 the tenacious rebounder dig skill always gave me those kind of results when I played with curry. Sometimes he would have quite a few rebounds and sometimes he wouldn't have any. I got better results going that route than giving him high rebounding ratings.

As far as post step backs, many guards actually use this shot, they may not back the defender down beforehand like big men do but trust me they do (d will, curry, klay, joe j, just to name a few). And as far as the step back for K love goes.... he uses the stepback a lot, it's how he gets open for a lot of those late game 3's he hit last year.

Last edited by gamingsinceatari; 09-20-2014 at 01:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »