Home

New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #65
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Someone's gotta take one for the team and drop some cliff notes.

tried not to include stuff that were in previous articles and interviews. still might have missed something though.

New Stuff:

Free Agency
-no position stacking
-CPU takes into account the coach's style of play and 'personality' (as well as team needs) when signing or drafting guys

Development
-3 categories of attributes: Fundamental, Tactical (IQ), Conditioning

-Tactical attributes develop later on (if not high already)
-Conditioning peaks early and dwindles later
-Fundamental has a basic development curve with little drop off
so basically, top notch shooters (like Allen for example) remain good when old, are wiser with experience, and don't speed down the court.

-all 3 categories of attributes can be developed further on days with no games. or it can be a rest day, you choose. player personalities are affected by your decisions though. guys with no work ethic badge may not want to be in the gym all the time and respond negatively.

-you can develop players to whatever playstyle you want. if you think a guy you just drafted would be better suited to fill a specific playstyle, you can choose that option and the game will put him in training camps that mold his attributes towards it. again player personalities take affect and the players will come to you and tell you if you're not training them towards a style that they even like.

-some player personality badges: work ethic, expressive, egotism, motivated, reserved

General
-per 36 stats are IN (no more having to use my phone calculator!! lol)
-coaches have a Bench Depth (5-13 instead of 0-100) and Bench Utilization (determines minutes of bench players)
-SimCast (allows you to jump into games or continue on in simulation)
-huge variation of team win totals and player talent
-assistant GMs can do some conversations for you but this can piss players off
-age, measurements, ratings and contracts can all be edited

**besides the conversation system & 30 team control, all of the new features and improvements are shared between MyGM and MyLEAGUE**

(someone put this in the OP lol)

Last edited by BluFu; 09-18-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #66
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

I'm in love with MyLeague but hearing Leftos talk about this improved MyGM I might dive into that mode as well. I wasn't a fan of NBA 2K14 MyGM but what he is talking about makes it more difficult.

1. MyLeague: Sounds great. Regarding playbooks I would love for coaches playbooks that are edited being carried over to the next team that hires them. Like Doc Rivers custom playbook being transferred with him if lets say he replaces Pop from the Spurs after he retires. Everything else sounds great. Love the customization. The draft combine sounds freaking epic. Glad college shooting range is taken into account and it doesn't necessarily translate into being a great shooter in the league

2. MyGM: Has been added to my must play list with MyHornets.

Everything sounds great. Is that the old school Oprah theme in my head?

Last edited by RocketTMac1; 09-17-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #67
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
When you are in Myleague will you be able to talk with players or is the conversations only in MyGM?
no, conversation system is only for MyGM..
Old 09-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #68
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

hey Dave or Leftos, does they improve simulated stats in nba 2k15 ? i see some glitches in standing like points avg is 105.7 and pts avg allow is 94.7 but point different is 7.8 so point different messing up
Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #69
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Listened to the pod on my commute. I was already planning on buying 2K15, but afterhearing Leftos' excitement and enthusiasm I preordered on the way home. Really looking forward to the game.

Also, kudos to VC for their grassroots approach to both PR and game development. We need more companies like this.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #70
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

tried not to include stuff that were in previous articles and interviews. still might have missed something though.

New Stuff:

Free Agency
-no position stacking
-CPU takes into account the coach's style of play and 'personality' (as well as team needs) when signing or drafting guys

Development
-3 categories of attributes: Fundamental, Tactical (IQ), Conditioning

-Tactical attributes develop later on (if not high already)
-Conditioning peaks early and dwindles later
-Fundamental has a basic development curve with little drop off
so basically, top notch shooters (like Allen for example) remain good when old, are wiser with experience, and don't speed down the court.

-all 3 categories of attributes can be developed further on days with no games. or it can be a rest day, you choose. player personalities are affected by your decisions though. guys with no work ethic badge may not want to be in the gym all the time and respond negatively.

-you can develop players to whatever playstyle you want. if you think a guy you just drafted would be better suited to fill a specific playstyle, you can choose that option and the game will put him in training camps that mold his attributes towards it. again player personalities take affect and the players will come to you and tell you if you're not training them towards a style that they even like.

-some player personality badges: work ethic, expressive, egotism, motivated

General
-per 36 stats are IN (no more having to use my phone calculator!! lol)
-coaches have a Bench Depth (5-13 instead of 0-100) and Bench Utilization (determines minutes of bench players)
-SimCast (allows you to jump into games or continue on in simulation)
-huge variation of team win totals and player talent
-assistant GMs can do some conversations for you but this can piss players off
Bless your soul ...
Old 09-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #71
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

^^Now are all these features (namely player development) exclusive to MyGM, or are there available in MyLeague too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #72
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Good listen, actual talk about the game starts around the 39 min mark if anyone's gonna give it a listen.

Leftos, does the Today association feature return this year? To clarify, not like live season like was asked in the podcast but the feature that let you begin an association on the current date.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »