Home

NBA 2K15 Official MyLEAGUE/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Official MyLEAGUE/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #17
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Official MyLEAGUE Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
For my second team (that sounds so awesome ) I want to lead the hawks to a dream season and surprise everyone by making the eastern conference finals .
Sadly the mode only lasts 80 years.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #18
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Going to try and get my Celtics back to their winning ways, will also control the home town Hornets for sure. Was thinking about all 30 but to me it seems like a lot to have to keep up with. If it's something I can change later after trying it I may attempt it to see how I like it.

Someone posted in another thread how nice it would be if in future games you could carry over your MyLeague, with it being 80yrs long that would really be nice. I myself don't get into or know much about all the financial options we're going to have and going through all those seasons and hopefully learning as I go to the point where I can truly customize MyLeague for the most realistic results would take me a very long time but would be very nice to learn.

Will try to wait till someone has sliders and a nice roster before I get into it to much. May just start one and then start over with player lock.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #19
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
What exactly is hard cap?
A set amount you can't go over at all ... the nba uses a soft cap (with a hard cap hidden behind the luxury tax) while leagues like the nfl use strictly a hard cap.

Fictional Draft Classes
PSN: shuab15
2015/#1: Fictional DC 1 (2015)
2016/#2:
2017/#3:
2018/#4:
2019/#5:

Official FDC Website: http://nba2k15fdc.wix.com/nba2k15fdc
Old 08-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #20
Rookie

Like the past 3 years, I will once again be trying to build a championship team around Anthony Davis.

I am satisfied with the front court with Asik and Davis. I feel like Asik is the pefect partner for Davis as he can protect the rim and guard big men freeing up Davis on D a bit. With Davis, I plan to develop his shooting range and handle. He will be the team's star.

I will be looking for a better small forward. The focus will be on getting a defensive small forward. I don't think there is room for Gordon, Holliday and Evans in the backfield, so Gordon and Evans will be shopped to find a good 3. If Gordon goes, it will be a 3 and D guy I want. If it is Evans, then a slashing style 3 will do. This should hopefully free up a lot of salary too for 2015 free agency.

I feel like Ryan Anderson is perfect second unit scorer.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll play how I have been playing sports games the past several years. I won't have a 'team', I'll control all 30, making key roster moves, lottery picks, trades, FA, and then do some simming and play various games from all around the league. Big matchup between the Cavs and Spurs that week? Let me play that game, flipping a coin to see if I'm the Cavs or Spurs. The number pick 1 Wiggins going against the number 2 pick Parker? Let me flip a coin to see who I will play as for that game.

Playoffs? A mix of CPU vs CPU and coin flips to determine who I'll play with in various series. Then after the season record the stats in excel and get ready for the off-season, including tweaking the draft classes I'll download from OS, making up storylines along the way. Will be fun to create players with injury concerns now.

I like controlling all of the teams because I get to try and rebuild bad teams and try to make that one roster move to get good teams over the top. And because I create storylines in my head then the moves carry more weight when I'm playing out the season.

Won't care who wins the ship. Will care about the immersive experience of pretending it's a real league that I get to experience from every POV. I swear by playing this way I feel attached to the entire league, every roster, every coach. 10 years into the association, I like knowing the fictional players as if they are real household names, but I find myself only paying attention to my squad when I'm controlling a single team...makes the league feel smaller, less alive.

It takes a lot of time, especially making sure the trades are fair and balanced to meet the demands of each unique team, and that the FA moves are realistic, but it's become more fun to me than just controlling a single team and building them into a Juggernaut.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-10-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #22
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'll play how I have been playing sports games the past several years. I won't have a 'team', I'll control all 30, making key roster moves, lottery picks, trades, FA, and then do some simming and play various games from all around the league. Big matchup between the Cavs and Spurs that week? Let me play that game, flipping a coin to see if I'm the Cavs or Spurs. The number pick 1 Wiggins going against the number 2 pick Parker? Let me flip a coin to see who I will play as for that game.

Playoffs? A mix of CPU vs CPU and coin flips to determine who I'll play with in various series. Then after the season record the stats in excel and get ready for FA. I get to rebuild the bad teams and try to get the teams with a small window of opportunity over the top.

Won't care who wins the ship. Will care about the immersive experience of pretending it's a real league that I get to experience from every POV. I swear by playing this way I feel attached to the entire league, every roster, every coach. It takes a lot of time, especially making sure the trades are fair and balanced to meet the demands of each unique team, and that the FA moves are realistic, but it's become more fun to me than just controlling a single team and building them into a Juggernaut.
That seems very time consuming. Is it? (Although it is a very good idea)
Old 08-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #23
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Theres already a thread for this....

There can't be an Official thread if nobody has even played the mode and the game isn't due out for 2 more months!....

Don't mean to be rude here guys but maybe your posts would go perfectly into this thread!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nba-2k15.html
Old 08-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #24
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
That seems very time consuming. Is it? (Although it is a very good idea)
It's time consuming. I'll say I dedicate about 3-4 hours to a single off-season. But it feels worth it once I get to playing the games because the rosters feel so unique and real, because I know them so well. Plus I get to play as each team in the league in a season, getting a feel of all of the players.

I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea though.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-10-2014 at 11:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »