Home

Is there any way to undo facility upgrades in myGM?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to undo facility upgrades in myGM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2014, 04:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is there any way to undo facility upgrades in myGM?

I played through 2 full seasons with the Bucks, won the championship both years on SuperStar sim, and I bought most of the player upgrades, which combined with good team chemisty boost each player 7 or 8 overall attribute points and maxes out there off and def awareness. Got bored b/c even scrubs I was getting were good now, got too easy.

Now I got to start a new myGM on Hall of Fame Sim, but all my facility upgrades are still there. Any free agent or trade I sign gets boosted up 5 points (chemistry still bad), even though I have a pack of scrubs still my team is 18th overall.

Is there a way to reset the upgrades? I don't play MyTeam and I don't buy clothes, don't really care about the VC I would lose.

Or is there a way to play offline with an updated roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Is there any way to undo facility upgrades in myGM?

You might just fiddle with sliders a bit and not worry about it. I don't think stadium upgrades are doing all that much. Like that trainer perk that supposedly makes injuries heal faster - what are we talking? Another day or two? A week sooner at most on a 4-6 week injury? I think most upgrades are balanced similarly. Sure, you see that +5 and +9 all over the place, but in playing the games you're still talking 95% identical experience.

Try lowering your shooting sliders to the low or mid-30s for example if you feel you're winning too much or dong too well. Other more subtle sliders like fatigue rate can also heavily influence the outcome of games and overall player performance. In short, it might take a few games to find the sweet spot, but there's no way you can't find some settings that make the game highly competitive (I've lost 13 straight games in my MyGM, go Pistons yeah?) regardless of your stadium upgrade package.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »