Home

How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same?

This is a discussion on How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Buying 2k15: Yes or No
Yes- Will buy, current system is bad but not bad enough to keep me from buying. 52 31.33%
No- Won't buy, current system is complete crap. Needs a total overhaul otherwise I'm off 2k until until changes are made 114 68.67%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same?

I'm interested to see what everyone's thoughts are. I played 1 my player game then played the park mode and after seeing how much fun park mode is I spent 20 (80k VC) to make my player a 90. Now that the servers are down I've been playing more games and it's pretty pathetic. I've played like 20 something games and I have made about 7-8k VC (I think). Thats not even enough VC to make dunks a 90.

It's pretty stupid if you ask me, I don't even know how bad it is in the MY GM mode but i've read some threads and it sounds terrible. What are your plans for 2k15 if the VC system remains the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
MVP

Re: How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same?

Not a deal breaker for me. Deal breaker would be if they keep this save system.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

VC is fine how it is for myplayer. I'm 93 OVR and have only bought VC via the free code that came with my PS4. They should bring back the legends/current player career mode for offline with no VC.

I'm going to buy it based on what they do with my GM mode. I want The Association to come back and an owner-mode similar to Madden 25. I want to be able to set the order on fantasy drafts, I don't want VC involved, I want all of the money to be offline, and I want the money you make to be used to make upgrades.
Lebron James
Old 12-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

VC for My GM is insulting.

The "VC economy" is completely out of whack. The VC rewards for playing a game are too low and the prices of upgrades are ridiculous.

It has completely ruined sim or partial-sim association modes. I do NOT have time to grind games just to farm VC.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Depends if they improve on other areas. VC is far from the top of the game's issues. Online assocation, defensive settings, coach profiles, POE, mycareer [plays broken, subs, rotations, fixed story and gameplay, etc], mygm, custom rosters, always-online, lazy roster updates, the list goes on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
OOO
Rookie

OOO's Arena

People will still buy it. They can talk all they want on the forums but they'll still end up purchasing 2k15 unless they want what EA has to offer. I got both 2k14 and Live and man is Live a pile of steaming crap.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOO
People will still buy it. They can talk all they want on the forums but they'll still end up purchasing 2k15 unless they want what EA has to offer. I got both 2k14 and Live and man is Live a pile of steaming crap.
That's why NBA Live's success is equally important to the success of 2k(to the fans). Competition is extremely important.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
Banned

Will not buy it, may end up selling PS4. NBA 2K is the only game I play. Between gym and work, I rarely have the time and when I do I like to play Association/MyGM but with everything broken and the VC dilemma, video gaming may come to an end.

I am holding out incase 2K gets the NFL License though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »