Home

Is the A.I. really that good?

This is a discussion on Is the A.I. really that good? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
Rookie

kdenson1283's Arena

OVR: 0
Is the A.I. really that good?

Last couple of games I have noticed a trend starting to happen. When the CPU shoots and misses a shot they are always in position to grab the offensive rebound for a 2nd, 3rd even 4th chance shot. What gives? I shoot and miss it's like every 4th possession I come down the court I am lucky to pass the ball to a cutting player without the CPU magically putting there hands up in the passing lane, or never getting a rebound. I'm getting frustrated with that. Plus, when I am playing defense, Man to Man is a no go, so I run 3-2 zone, 2-3 zone to get players moving on the court but, when I D- up on a man there passing is so wicked. I mean really I am all over the court on defense and they continuously pass the ball until a man has a slight opening and they take it and drain that shot. My settings are all default, where should I begin to minimize this and get the game back to playing true to form?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Rookie

kdenson1283's Arena

Re: Is the A.I. really that good?

Or could this actually be how a team really reacts on the court. I am playing with my hometown team, Washington Wizards and see them crashing boards and playing uptempo, but the game doesn't reflect that. I see in the game, players not jumping for rebounds, or if they are, they're swatting at the rebound like a block. Also, jumping late for blocks or flat out fouling, and fouls shots my goodness 2k14 on 360 I can easily shot 85-100 percent, on XB1 I can barely get it to 70 percent, if I'm lucky.

Another frustrated baller.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

No, the AI is definately not that great. In fact, I see the same kind of CPU cheating I've known for years in the past NBA 2K games (note that I'm playing on Pro level and simulation:

- rebounding: the ball makes the weiredest movements and the CPU does the most crazy jumps so that they get the offensive rebound, regardless of their player's rating or your defender's rating

- the CPU bigs grab the offensive rebound and hit no look shots on a consistent basis

- contact shots: midgets like Eric Gordon drive to the lane, hit bigs like David West and Hibbert but score as if no defender were in front of them

- how about dribbling? I'd love to see the great dribblers actually perform ankle breakers on me but instead they just run by you or through me. Same stuff as in past games.

To be honest I'm disappointed with this game, especially since it's a next gen title. The graphics definately are improved, but I really fail to see next gen gameplay or AI.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Pro

no the AI cheats

The game will be close until the 4th Q then it seems the AI starts to shoot 65-70% and most of their misses they get their own rebounds. I also notice the 3pt% of the CPU goes way up in the 4th Q.

Not to mention in the 4th the player 3PT % goes way down you can't hit one to save your life and your FG % starts to drop and you can't hit shots.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

I have crash defensive and offensive glass as my objectives every game. My o rebounds are usually even or better than the CPU, and this is with my all bronze team in myteam. I also usually manually board instead of letting the CPU do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Pro

I play on HOF/SIM and I had to score 65 points last night just to beat the blazers in the playoffs. Sad thing? I'm on the thunder. Westbrook, me, Durant, ibaka, and varejeo (sp?). I shouldn't have to turn down the difficulty level just so my team has a better chance of winning. On HOF the blazers shot 68%. That's ridiculous.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
I play on HOF/SIM and I had to score 65 points last night just to beat the blazers in the playoffs. Sad thing? I'm on the thunder. Westbrook, me, Durant, ibaka, and varejeo (sp?). I shouldn't have to turn down the difficulty level just so my team has a better chance of winning. On HOF the blazers shot 68%. That's ridiculous.
Yeah I was playing a reg. season game last night and the Knicks shot almost 70% in the fourth quarter to beat me. I was the bulls and shooting at 55% the whole game and come forth quarter my shot % dipped to 35%. My players wouldn't hit anything.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

In short, the AI is *** imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »