Home

MyCareer: Running Plays

This is a discussion on MyCareer: Running Plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Pro

skeenz's Arena

OVR: 4
MyCareer: Running Plays

I've searched the forum and either can't find many threads about this or I'm just looking in the wrong place.

At least in my (limited) experience so far, plays are not run in MyCareer mode. This is almost a mode-killer for me so I hope maybe I'm just missing something or its isolated to me or the options/answers I chose. I started a career with an Athletic SF, answered that the coach should call plays on the personality test, and was drafted by the Sixers. I have made sure that playvision is set to full and that messages are on and playcalling is set to auto, but it seems like plays are never called. In fact, the only time I ever see play art is either on out of bounds plays or after I've held the ball on the wing for a few seconds (random art for some sort of Iso play will come up). I'm hoping that maybe this is just a thing for the Sixers or something.

Again, I'd just like to know if anyone else is seeing this issue and how/if you were able to fix it.

Thanks

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MyCareer: Running Plays

The only way is for you to buy the sig skill that costs like 10k and call them yourself and at least half the time still the plays will break
Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

One of the main reasons I haven't been very interested in MyCareer. If you're not playing a point guard it's freelance all day all night. Such a bore.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

You can change the settings in the game (BUT THEY WONT SAVE, SO YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERY GAME!)
make sure you change the settings to see all plays, not just yours etc etc. It will run plays, but even after the patch the settings will not save.
You cannot CALL plays, unless you get the Floor General for like 10K vc, honestly im not in any hurry.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
You can change the settings in the game (BUT THEY WONT SAVE, SO YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERY GAME!)
make sure you change the settings to see all plays, not just yours etc etc. It will run plays, but even after the patch the settings will not save.
You cannot CALL plays, unless you get the Floor General for like 10K vc, honestly im not in any hurry.
Even with this, the plays are still rarely called, and the plays break down 90% of the time anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
You can call plays when you have the ball if you're a point guard or a point forward. And no matter how much you change the settings you won't see your team calling plays. Only plays that will be there are inbounds, fast break and motion/freelance offense plays (if you switch to it). No team playbook specific plays will be called, ever.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

This is why I'm done playing MyCareer for awhile. No playcalling and I can't get subbed out EVER. They were supposed to address this with the patch, but it's worse. I never had a problem until after the patch. Wtf??
Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

It's amazing that after years they STILL don't have plays right in mycareer.

Basically if you're in the game there is usually a point of emphasis to run the offense through you. At least that's what I've always seen. So basically if you're not at PG, the team runs up the court, then just passes the ball to you in some kind of iso-like situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »