Home

MyGM Save File Glitch Loop Nightmare

This is a discussion on MyGM Save File Glitch Loop Nightmare within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1
MyGM Save File Glitch Loop Nightmare

So, I was in year 2 of my Heat franchise and having a lot of fun. Built up a lot of VC throughout the game to get nearly all the MyGM skills even though I thought that a lot of them will silly. However, I tried to simulate a few games and ended up accidentally hitting B to stop the simulation. I played a game, and thought everything was okay.

Dead wrong, and now it's a nightmare.

You see, now I cannot progress past the game I last played before the simulation, and for every game I play now, I get kicked back right to the game last played. Tried deleting the MyGM file, and making a new MyGM guess what? It doesn't save, got kicked back to my old MyGM file.

Then, I thought about going to NBA2K.com because apparently you can delete "files". In reality, you can only delete your account. I would do that, however I've spent so much VC to level up my my MyGM abilities I'm afraid they'd be lost and then I'd have to actually spend money to get em back to where they were (if it isn't like that, someone let me know. I know you earn all of your unspent VC back, but what about all of your abilities?)

I unmarked my account for deletion. I still have the same save error/loop issue of bringing me back to my original MyGM file when I tried to delete it and start a new one countless times.

I have been a huge optimist and supporter of this game. But this is one of the worst experiences I've ever had in a video game. I really just want to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MyGM Save File Glitch Loop Nightmare

I'm having pretty much the exact same issue. Can't really make any saves in MyGM. It tries to save then then kicks me backout to the game mode short cut screen. Very frustrating.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclips
I'm having pretty much the exact same issue. Can't really make any saves in MyGM. It tries to save then then kicks me backout to the game mode short cut screen. Very frustrating.
Yup, that is exactly it. I've mentally brought myself to being ready for a new MyGM mode but I technically can't do it. Here I am contemplating running out and getting FIFA 14 or Madden 25 to kill time. Sigh.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

I would recommend staying out of MyCareer and MyGM this year. Too many problems.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

chadex's Arena

I really wish I could man, I'd even settle for a Season mode playthrough, to be honest. Not a big MyTeam guy at all, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
I really wish I could man, I'd even settle for a Season mode playthrough, to be honest. Not a big MyTeam guy at all, either.
You can play just a season mode.

When you are in mygm page click the R1 I think it is, and it will choose season mode.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
You can play just a season mode.

When you are in mygm page click the R1 I think it is, and it will choose season mode.
Nope, won't let me do that either. Creating a season mode file (online or offline) will go into the same glitch save loop. It'll delete the Season Mode file and just kick me back to the previously deleted MyGM file, not allowing me to advance.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Chadex - Did you happen to save and delete a bunch of MyGM saves before you starting your one with the Heat?

I am a notorious starter and quiter of Franchise Modes and started a number of saves only to delete them....but never actually hit the 5 save cap. I'm wondering if I didn't hit some kind of an invisible cap on saves or something....when my xbox makes the request to save it is just being rejected because I'm over that unknown threshold.

I'm considering trying to delete my 2k account and trying again....it is such a bummer because I enjoy the game on the court quite a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »