Home

I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

This is a discussion on I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Original Compilation Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s0jFxjm4RA

Additional Clips on Superstar Sliders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uEpmbtsJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDvaro9Z9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznmPuKMhQE

My apologies if there is a thread that this should be instead filed under. I don't think that these issues necessarily constitute bugs, but they are definitely something that should be looked at.

Last edited by DmangoUnchained; 12-09-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Im going to make a 7'2 and see what i get with a 7'1 i have no issues and i don't expect to get every rebound all the time

Just noticed you said you play on HOF...that's pure cheese you're just asking for it
Old 12-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmangoUnchained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s0jFxjm4RA

My apologies if there is a thread that this should be instead filed under. I don't think that these issues necessarily constitute bugs, but they are definitely something that should be looked at.
Not saying this is the cause but are you aware that there is a timing element to the rebounding as well ? Pressing the jump button to early or to late can also trigger some of those "miss" rebound animations your seeing. I wonder if you see the same with perfectly timed presses.

Also notice that if your playing on HOF I would assume you would need to have perfect timing to collect rebounds.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Playing on HOF you're just asking to be cheesed. Videos like this can't be taken too seriously if it's being played on HOF.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Great video. Keep em coming. This is proof it isnt just a ratings issue though ratings dont help. Imagine rebounding with Lopez's 54 in defensive rebounding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Great video. Keep em coming. This is proof it isnt just a ratings issue though ratings dont help. Imagine rebounding with Lopez's 54 in defensive rebounding.
Well i will say that rating is horrible for a starter
Old 12-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Not saying this is the cause but are you aware that there is a timing element to the rebounding as well ? Pressing the jump button to early or to late can also trigger some of those "miss" rebound animations your seeing. I wonder if you see the same with perfectly timed presses.

Also notice that if your playing on HOF I would assume you would need to have perfect timing to collect rebounds.
I believe it is people jump early or late and then believe they should have gotten the rebound i had the same problem before till i got the timing down i usually do not miss the rebound if it's actually possible for me to get it

As i said though don't overlook the fact he's on HOF where the CPU is just unrealistic and this plays a part in it
Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

For the record, I also play a 6'10 small forward on Hall of Fame and rebounding is noticeably easier as he seems to go into the "correct" animation much more often, and I'm able to get into or approach double digits much more frequently. Regardless, I'll give it a shot tonight with Superstar sliders.

I should also note that, as stated in the video, rebounding issues for my large center are also prevalent in The Park. Granted, you can easily attribute that to lag and all of the other issues in The Park, but The Park's sliders are Superstar at most.

Last edited by DmangoUnchained; 12-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »