Home

R.I.P online leagues in nba2k14: Important Info inside

This is a discussion on R.I.P online leagues in nba2k14: Important Info inside within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3
R.I.P online leagues in nba2k14: Important Info inside

Ronnie2k has been asnwering questions in this site http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...ge-2/#comments . A user has asked him about online leagues. These are his answers.

Quote:
+ swimfunk on December 4th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:
Why haven’t the issues with online leagues been addressed? There is an online community who buys the game specifically for online leagues and that game mode is incomplete at best. It’s pretty disappointing that 2k has gone from one of the best online leagues to this. This is completely unacceptable. Will online leagues be updated in the next patch since it went ignored this patch? Online leagues now have a 0% chance of finishing due to the lack of commish controls. You can’t change minutes, difficulty, and one playoff game series. That doesn’t sound very sim…

+ Ronnie Singh on December 4th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:
This is the 1st year of MyGM and Online Leagues and it’ll be something we’ll be building and growing over time. We appreciate the feedback you guys give us in turning this into the mode that you guys want.
Quote:
+ swimfunk on December 4th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:
This is not the 1st year of online leagues… you guys had them up until 2k11 I believe. My point is if you are going to include them in the game make sure it’s not broken 1st. I didn’t expect anything great but I expected a playable mode. Do you feel the mode is playable as successful?

+ Ronnie Singh on December 4th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:
That’s entirely different. 2K11 OL’s were replaced by OA’s. Now we’re going to our next stage of growth in that area.
Many people are playing the mode and enjoying it thoroughly. I am sorry if it’s not the OA or old OL that you remember. We will continue to push the envelope and make it something that grows.
Quote:
+ swimfunk on December 4th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:
ok, well now I know you are BS’n because no one is enjoying the online league experience. Have you taken a look at your online league forums? They are dead. Even if there was 1 active league on the planet I couldn’t join it because you can’t replace owners mid league. 1 owner goes missing and the whole lg will never make it to the playoffs… Do you see how this is frustrating?? It’s even more frustrating that this wasn’t brought up until after launch. I get it, 2k is more concerned about VC than pleasing it’s fans

+ Ronnie Singh on December 4th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:
I guess we’re going to agree to disagree. That mode is super important to the future of 2K.
So, with this we can all say that online leagues in nba2k14 are dead, because the mode, as it is right now, is terrible. We'll have to wait another year, and yet we don't know if they are going to invest any time into developing it. Ronnie says that the mode is super important to 2k, but seeing how it has been released in this nba2k14 version, without the basic options, I don't know what to think.

Last edited by silverskier; 12-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: R.I.P online leagues in nba2k14: Important Info inside

Wooooow, this is unacceptable. So i guess they said screw online leagues this year since they are out on current gen, and just focus on other stuff until next year. Sad. If that was the case, they should have just left online leagues out completely. I rather not have the mode in there, than have it in there while being completely broken. That's extremely frustrating.

Welp, guess I won't be playing 2K14 much this year. One more month until The Division comes out and 2K will be going back to the store.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Many people are playing the mode and enjoying it thoroughly. I am sorry if it’s not the OA or old OL that you remember. We will continue to push the envelope and make it something that grows.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nobody is enjoying online league... The reason why they feel my career is the most playing feature is because most the other features are broken and Dead. It is 2013 going on 2014 and most developers has YET TO REALIZE that Co op and playing with friends with unlimited access to customization is NECESSARY and beneficial to the game. Why don't they understand this?

(Galaxy S4)
Old 12-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
this gif describes my exact facial expression when I read that lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

he also ignored this question:
"+ swimfunk on December 4th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:
Thats the 1st thing you said I agree with “2k lgs are important to the future”.
But I’m not talking about the future right now. I’m addressing the present right now. I’m hopefule 2k15 lgs will be fixed. But what about 2k14 leagues? You can’t sit there and say they are acceptable as currently constructed. If you do you are either delusional or just won’t admit a mistake. I think your company owes the online league players a big apology for trying to even think that mode is acceptable. I guess the point is are online league in the plans for the next patch? Otherwise the game is pointless to me as I just spent $60 on a money grabbing VC myplayer game."

so yea, RIP online lgs
Old 12-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday in the "Did we get bamboozled?" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
From what I've seen from the Community Manager of Konami's PES, the way LD2K and Ronnie2K market the game is pretty unprofessional. PES's community manager creates threads explicitly asking for specific feedback and is a lot more forthcoming with information and more honest, and less likely to lead you down a rabbit hole with false hope. However, I could be completely wrong about that seeing as I'm not one to buy Pro Evo games annually and haven't belonged to a PES forum in several years.
For Ronnie to just completely gloss over the fact that the state that OLs are is a joke, just shows the lack of professionalism of the 2K marketing team. His counterpart at PES, can't get away with saying nonsense like this. Seems Konami has more respect for their hardcore fans that 2K does for theirs, but then again 2K's the king when it comes to bball and Konami are lowly servants in soccer.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
Nobody is enjoying online league... The reason why they feel my career is the most playing feature is because most the other features are broken and Dead. It is 2013 going on 2014 and most developers has YET TO REALIZE that Co op and playing with friends with unlimited access to customization is NECESSARY and beneficial to the game. Why don't they understand this?

(Galaxy S4)
I've honestly thought of this theory before but I relented from saying it out loud because it sounded ridiculous, but I secretly still kind of believed it. There's definitely been some moments where I've felt like, "Oh, imagine that, a mode that's been ignored by developers for two years no longer gets played as much and you think it's simply because people are no longer drawn to that type of gaming?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »