Home

VC ratio is ridiculous.

This is a discussion on VC ratio is ridiculous. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Banned

Steve Nashhole's Arena

OVR: 0
VC ratio is ridiculous.

2K this makes no sense. haha. in career milestones it takes almost 3 seasons to get one that is worth 500 VC yet to upgrade my 3 ptr 9 pts it costs 7,000 VC. hahahaha. this is honestly so ****ing stupid.

make it so contracts have money and we spend it on our attributes. not this VC stuff. who comes up w this? Absolute garbage. for me to get to an overall of even 85 would literally take over 40,000 VC. this doesnt make any sense.

Last edited by Steve Nashhole; 11-26-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: VC ratio is ridiculous.

Spoiler

I agree that the way VC is given out makes no sense.The fact that you can make the same amount in 1 game that you make in the whole season puzzles me. But unfortunately VC will not be leaving 2k unless 2k changes their entire business motive. We already see they are going for the 'pay-to-win' route, and that's unfortunate. I liked 2k at first because you could play it for what it was, a simulation, authentic basketball experience. Now it's filled with silly gimmicks.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
I agree that the way VC is given out makes no sense.The fact that you can make the same amount in 1 game that you make in the whole season puzzles me. But unfortunately VC will not be leaving 2k unless 2k changes their entire business motive. We already see they are going for the 'pay-to-win' route, and that's unfortunate. I liked 2k at first because you could play it for what it was, a simulation, authentic basketball experience. Now it's filled with silly gimmicks.
That's why 2k needs competition to stop this nonsense.. EA just let us down, hopefully they'll bring out a passable video game next year that'd force 2k to stop the bull.

And if anyone that works at 2k reads this... Take out VC, bring back skillpoints, keep your myplayer online to prevent modding/glitching; and for MyPlayer contracts, make that cash in which you buy accessories (headbands and shoes).

And no selling stuff unless it's special shirts or jewelry or some nonsense that rich people want to buy.

Last edited by EASTS2k; 11-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Spoiler

I keep seeing people go after 2k for a 'pay-to-win' motive, and I'm not quite sure I understand it. Is the system they have in place not the same as having to obtain a certain amount of "XP" in a RPG to upgrade your abilities?

I'm mainly speaking from a MyGM standpoint, but the upgrades are pretty reasonably priced in comparison to how many VC you earn per game. I could be missing something though, maybe the ratio is off for other aspects of the game that I don't spend a lot of time in. I was just curious if someone could explain to me why everyone is so upset with 2k over VC?

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 11-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

VC is stupid, the ratio is stupid.

But...

2k isn't forcing you to pay to win. That's your ego.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole
2K this makes no sense. haha. in career milestones it takes almost 3 seasons to get one that is worth 500 VC yet to upgrade my 3 ptr 9 pts it costs 7,000 VC. hahahaha. this is honestly so ****ing stupid.

make it so contracts have money and we spend it on our attributes. not this VC bull****. who the **** makes up the amount of this ****? Absolute garbage. for me to get to an overall of even 85 would literally take over 40,000 VC. this doesnt make any sense. yall ****in dumb w this ****
I agree about overpriced VC accessories, but 40K VC would be earned simply by playing a full season, which is pretty reasonable for improving your player to an 85. Actually it's quite generous.

Upgrading 9 points on 3's is huge. 7K is extremely reasonable. 9 points is the difference between Steph Curry and Iguodala, and the difference between Iguodala and Draymond Green. Real players only wish they could go from being Draymond to Curry in half a season.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

What's annoying about it is that I am frequently getting less than it says I should be getting. Like, at the end of a game it'll say that I earned 500 VC, then I go to the menu, it tallies up a bunch of random stuff but I somehow end up getting less than 500 VC.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole

make it so contracts have money and we spend it on our attributes. not this VC bull****. who the **** makes up the amount of this ****? Absolute garbage. for me to get to an overall of even 85 would literally take over 40,000 VC. this doesnt make any sense. yall ****in dumb w this ****
It would actually take about 80,000 if you want dunk packages and sig skills. I bought 80,000 vc cause I just wanted my guy to be good already and I spent the entire 80,000 making him an ovr 83 or 84 buying 5 sig skills. Only like two of them maxed out and lock down defender and I'm broke again. And guess what? I can't even play myplayer since it crashes the game now. Started another myplayer and struggling to get a 70 ovr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »