Home

points in the paint?

This is a discussion on points in the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
points in the paint?

So is any one having trouble with points in the paint?
I have only played 2 games so far but I am finding that the computer is scoring in the paint at will and getting all the rebonds is any one else finding points in the paint and the computer being to good at offisive rebounds in the game? First game I played lakers me vs cpu grizzles they had 21 offisive rebounds me only 6 and the grizzles had 74 points in the paint that was on default pro sliders. Second game me lakers cpu mavriks the mavriks had 20 offisive rebounds me only 8 and they had 78 points in the paint way to many that was on default smilation sliders. I just noticed that in the controller settings deffisive assit is at 50 maybe if I try it at 0 I will have better luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: points in the paint?

Damn man, I thought teams getting 30-40 pip on me was too much. If teams are dropping 78 pip on you on default pro then something has to be going on with your defense.

Let's see. How do you defend the paint? Are you staying in place, putting your hands up? Or are you jumping at everything? Set your POE to crash defensive glass to help circumvent the CPU offensive rebounding.

Don't always jump at everything, get your hands up and create contact, that helps somewhat with shots in the paint.

Make sure you don't get caught out of position. If you're going for the steal, or trying to play the passing lanes, the AI is smart and will cut to the hoop at a moments notice and destroy you inside.

When playing on ball D, know who you're guarding. If you're defending against a faster player, sag off a bit. Don't let them buy you because once that happens, your big men inside will come on the help defense, allowing the CPU big men to get wide open inside buckets.

Make your shots, try and slow down the pace of the game. If you're missing a ton of shots and playing fast, the AI will take advantage of that and run out after every rebound they get.

Sometimes the AI bullies their way into the paint, but giving up almost 80 points in the paint, something has to change with your defense

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

I gave up like 90 inside in one game lol
Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm having similar issue. The CPU scores inside a lot on random games. I cut down their rebounding by boxing out though. How do I make my team mates to react faster to scorer in the paint? I've tried play physical or nothing inside POE.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Damn man, I thought teams getting 30-40 pip on me was too much. If teams are dropping 78 pip on you on default pro then something has to be going on with your defense.

Let's see. How do you defend the paint? Are you staying in place, putting your hands up? Or are you jumping at everything? Set your POE to crash defensive glass to help circumvent the CPU offensive rebounding.

Don't always jump at everything, get your hands up and create contact, that helps somewhat with shots in the paint.

Make sure you don't get caught out of position. If you're going for the steal, or trying to play the passing lanes, the AI is smart and will cut to the hoop at a moments notice and destroy you inside.

When playing on ball D, know who you're guarding. If you're defending against a faster player, sag off a bit. Don't let them buy you because once that happens, your big men inside will come on the help defense, allowing the CPU big men to get wide open inside buckets.

Make your shots, try and slow down the pace of the game. If you're missing a ton of shots and playing fast, the AI will take advantage of that and run out after every rebound they get.

Sometimes the AI bullies their way into the paint, but giving up almost 80 points in the paint, something has to change with your defense

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
I put my hands up inside the paint with good defensive centers like Noah , Chandler ect and yet Birdman/Zaza Pachulia and other below average centers still make it

Another problem i have is the CPU getting too many 2nd chance points maybe i need to use the Grizzlies or some team with good bigs to test this out but constantly it's like my big's just " freeze " and the CPU will get a few offensive rebounds over my guys in the same possession its annoying as hell

Then i have average guards constantly driving inside and still making the layups even with them being fouled ..if it was Lebron/KD/Melo ect then ok but not a Luke Ridnour or somebody like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

so last game again on simulation default sliders on pro the same has the first 2 games and this time I only gave up 62 points in the paint in a game agest maim doing better lol. So in 3 games on simulation pro I have giving up 74,78,62 points in the paint. I tried the last game with defasive assit in the controller settings at 0. I fell like the computer gets into the paint to Easley and I fell like defenders leve there guys to much. I know a lot about basketball more then probly most of the people on hear so it is not that I am just jumping. I try to mixe up how I play with using different POE and with trying things like man to man and zone defisive and 3-2 zones ect. If I am guarding someone that is good at driving I try to give them more space to try to make it harder to drive on me and if it is a good shooter I try to give them less space. I know someone on hear said something about the game playing better without the patch. I never played the game without the patch has the patch was already out when I got the game has I got the game about 6 days after ps4 came out has amazon was sold out for sever days. I may have to try this game without the patch and see if I notice a difference or not.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #7
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

it's because the CPU makes everything around the rim. They barely miss even with your hands up or two defenders around them. It was horrible how Denver was cheesing on MyCareer with Nate and Lawsin. I don't even think they ran a play but kept trying to force the ball inside most of the time, and was making some of the most ridiculous lay ups ever.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
it's because the CPU makes everything around the rim. They barely miss even with your hands up or two defenders around them. It was horrible how Denver was cheesing on MyCareer with Nate and Lawsin. I don't even think they ran a play but kept trying to force the ball inside most of the time, and was making some of the most ridiculous lay ups ever.
It is seriously a annoying thing about defense in this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »