Home

Jackson Ellis is actually on a team in MyCAREER?

This is a discussion on Jackson Ellis is actually on a team in MyCAREER? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jackson Ellis is actually on a team in MyCAREER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finess
It's a fantasy mode people, they can tweak it to fit the storyline. Yikes! especially @RKrJ, lol@ "that is not very next gen." really?
What's wrong with wanting a realistic game?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Rookie

dre2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKrJ
What's wrong with wanting a realistic game?
Nothing is wrong with wanting a 'realistic' game but by it's very nature MyCareer is technically the least realistic mode, you and I actually don't play in the NBA and I probably haven't been able to dunk since 98-99 personally (ease back I'm barely 6' tall and 37 haha) so I feel like in this one more than any other mode that kind of thing is fine, MyGm is where I do hope to see more realism as far as roster moves go! Either way I am ridiculously excited for Friday since passing up on CG to wait was one of the hardest months ever video game wise for me.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

I want the fantasy mode where you go from an average NBA draft prospect to NBA Superstar in less than 82 games by using fictional currency to upgrade your skills to be realistic as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2
Nothing is wrong with wanting a 'realistic' game but by it's very nature MyCareer is technically the least realistic mode, you and I actually don't play in the NBA and I probably haven't been able to dunk since 98-99 personally (ease back I'm barely 6' tall and 37 haha) so I feel like in this one more than any other mode that kind of thing is fine, MyGm is where I do hope to see more realism as far as roster moves go! Either way I am ridiculously excited for Friday since passing up on CG to wait was one of the hardest months ever video game wise for me.

Well of course, but I mean, the issue with two players getting drafted with the same pick could be fixed easily; it's not as hard to fix as NBA Live's gameplay issues so to speak...

You could either get drafted in 2014, the other player could get deleted or the draft could be rearranged. It would probably take like one hour for the 2K sports team to fix.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
I want the fantasy mode where you go from an average NBA draft prospect to NBA Superstar in less than 82 games by using fictional currency to upgrade your skills to be realistic as possible.
Honestly though, wouldn't it be better if they introduced the dollar instead of the VC? Or if your player developed in a more realistic way? Or if you actually got to play college before getting drafted?

Lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
Rookie

dre2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKrJ
Well of course, but I mean, the issue with two players getting drafted with the same pick could be fixed easily; it's not as hard to fix as NBA Live's gameplay issues so to speak...

You could either get drafted in 2014, the other player could get deleted or the draft could be rearranged. It would probably take like one hour for the 2K sports team to fix.
Oh I get you, I actually haven't played much MyCareer lately (played a lot initially then got burned out and went back to Association)so I don't even remember how it is currently dealt with on 360/PS3, is it that way as well?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
Yeah, dre2 has a point in that MyCareer is inherently the most fictional mode to begin with because it revolves around adding versions of ourselves to NBA basketball teams. However, the draw of this mode to me in the first place was how I was able to suspend belief just a little bit and imagine myself as someone trying to make it in the NBA. Struggling through draft combines, summer league, D-League, and unspectacular roles off the bench all aided in creating a legit experience.

Whereas MyPlayer used to have one relatively unrealistic angle (yourself), it now seems like they nuked all sense of immersion off the face of the Earth. Thus far, it now kind of looks like a corny movie mode. Fake players, fake storylines, fake agents, fake backstories, fake conversations, and very upset teammates who do not have the ability to speak out loud. I see the merit for a lot of gamers but for those (like myself) who initially dug the mode for its realistic touch on an unrealistic premise, it's all taken kind of a wild turn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah, dre2 has a point in that MyCareer is inherently the most fictional mode to begin with because it revolves around adding versions of ourselves to NBA basketball teams. However, the draw of this mode to me in the first place was how I was able to suspend belief just a little bit and imagine myself as someone trying to make it in the NBA. Struggling through draft combines, summer league, D-League, and unspectacular roles off the bench all aided in creating a legit experience.

Whereas MyPlayer used to have one relatively unrealistic angle (yourself), it now seems like they nuked all sense of immersion off the face of the Earth. Thus far, it now kind of looks like a corny movie mode. Fake players, fake storylines, fake agents, fake backstories, fake conversations, and very upset teammates who do not have the ability to speak out loud. I see the merit for a lot of gamers but for those (like myself) who initially dug the mode for its realistic touch on an unrealistic premise, it's all taken kind of a wild turn.
I know that I am in the minority but I find playing a "fictionalized self" as an NBA player to be more realistic than playing as Kobe Bryant or whoever. I know that I can never pretend to be an actual player, knowing that he'll react or act in a certain way in a particular instance. Pretending to be kobe Bryant breaks the 4th wall of gaming for me.

I loved the original 2k10 MyPlayer. Turning the MyPlayer into a storyboard mode in 2k14 NG is a direction that I dislike. I will put up with the corny movie elements because I have no choice but in my opinion 2K really blew the possibilities of this mode. It could have been really unique and special if they had gone in a different direction with this.

Luckily the new MyGM mode has enough that I might enjoy the game with this mode alone.

Now I will have to wait until 2k15 to see if they make the PC version updated or not. 2k14 CG can very well be the last basketball title I ever purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »