Home

NBA 2K14 - 43 GB on Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - 43 GB on Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #9
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 - 43 GB on Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Instead of comparing it to Live, I think a more pressing concern is the size capacity of future NBA2K releases. A bluray is suppose to hold 50 GB.

I am looking forward to a better pre, post, and halftime show (ala 2K5 NFL) in future releases to start.

If more data is required for future NBA2K installments, will we be looking at 2 disc releases?
I was thinking that myself, but if we need to then oh well. The more content the merrier lol.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
If more data is required for future NBA2K installments, will we be looking at 2 disc releases?
Probably not. If 50 GB becomes a problem, consoles might look to make firmware updates to allow for BDXL (128 GB blu-ray disks). I doubt it will though, 50 GB should be enough for the graphical output that PS4 and Xbone have for most games.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Instead of comparing it to Live, I think a more pressing concern is the size capacity of future NBA2K releases. A bluray is suppose to hold 50 GB.

I am looking forward to a better pre, post, and halftime show (ala 2K5 NFL) in future releases to start.

I'm guessing it would be like GTA 5 on XBOX with an installation disc then the disc you play with that holds the extra gig, if need be...

If using more gigs means more content and not that they don't know how to compress it yet, then I do hope the next version is 2 discs, lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Why are people surprised but the huge sizes? We all know blu ray takes up more space than DVD's so we knew the games were gonna be bigger, size-wise.

Of course the digital downloads are gonna get bigger too but it is the year 2013 and this shouldn't come as a surprise or put anyone off.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

43 GB? How much space does the Xbox One & PS4 Hard Drive holds..? It better be TB because 500GB consoles ain't gonna cut it for someone like me who is planning on going digital.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
43 GB? How much space does the Xbox One & PS4 Hard Drive holds..? It better be TB because 500GB consoles ain't gonna cut it for someone like me who is planning on going digital.
hows your internet cap looking? Get ready to pay some overages lol Comcast has a 250GB cap, and att only has a measly 150GB
Old 11-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Probably be placed on dual layered disc. I know first gen of bluray discs were 25gb, dual layered were 50. So maybe its a new gen of bluray discs? 50 being single and 100gb being dual layered?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
You can install a new drive into the PS4 as long as it's over 160GB.
You can't change the Xbox One hard drive, they will allow use of external hard drives but not at launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »