Home

NBA 2K25 Impressions Thread (XBOX Series X/S, PS5, PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Impressions Thread (XBOX Series X/S, PS5, PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2024, 06:59 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K25 Impressions Thread (XBOX Series X/S, PS5, PC)

Early tip off is available now for PC users, will be available for consoles within the hour

Post impressions here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2024, 08:25 AM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K25 Impressions Thread (XBOX Series X/S, PS5, PC)

Absolutely loving the day-1 gameplay. No defensive sliding, contextual animations everywhere, brand new dribbling, AI offensive tendencies are fantastic, AI fast break is actually dangerous, fouls galore, tipped rebounds, shooting fouls on jump shots (both CPU and User), man I can't remember the last time we had so few glaring issues to try and solve via sliders.

The only “big” issue I’m having is with jump shots. Even using the new “Low Risk-Reward” shot timing profile (that is supposed to make timing matter very little, while ratings and shot quality and defensive pressure matter more) I miss basically every wide open shot unless I green time it. I’ve even dropped the Shot Timing Impact slider down to 15, same issue. I am playing on Hall of Fame, which likely is causing the problem, but since there are multiple timing profiles that emphasize timing AND a “difficulty related” profile as well, you’d think you could play any difficulty and have your chose timing profile work as intended.

Anyway, gameplay is fantastic, graphics (on PC anyway) are probably the best we’ve ever gotten from a basketball game before. 2K cooked this year.
Old 09-04-2024, 08:30 AM   #3
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Absolutely loving the day-1 gameplay. No defensive sliding, contextual animations everywhere, brand new dribbling, AI offensive tendencies are fantastic, AI fast break is actually dangerous, fouls galore, tipped rebounds, shooting fouls on jump shots (both CPU and User), man I can't remember the last time we had so few glaring issues to try and solve via sliders.

The only “big” issue I’m having is with jump shots. Even using the new “Low Risk-Reward” shot timing profile (that is supposed to make timing matter very little, while ratings and shot quality and defensive pressure matter more) I miss basically every wide open shot unless I green time it. I’ve even dropped the Shot Timing Impact slider down to 15, same issue. I am playing on Hall of Fame, which likely is causing the problem, but since there are multiple timing profiles that emphasize timing AND a “difficulty related” profile as well, you’d think you could play any difficulty and have your chose timing profile work as intended.

Anyway, gameplay is fantastic, graphics (on PC anyway) are probably the best we’ve ever gotten from a basketball game before. 2K cooked this year.
agreed with you on this.. Dribbling, shooting and defense feel so realistic.. omg it blowing me away
Old 09-04-2024, 08:31 AM   #4
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

omg 2k25 gameplay, animations, Proplay blowing me away..

i had 2 games so far now

what a excellent job 2k did for gameplay, proplay and animations
Old 09-04-2024, 08:33 AM   #5
MVP

tru11's Arena

Where is my broadcast cam…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2024, 08:35 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Are you using current or legend players? If you’re using current players, can you report how the legends feel with their mocap compared to the propaply guys? And even better, if you can report how it feels to use all time teams between the legend and current players, to see if there’s a clear difference between animation quality.
Old 09-04-2024, 08:36 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Where is my broadcast cam…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
It's right there man.. I'm playing on it now

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2024, 08:55 AM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I know some people like it, but my first impression is that players just move way too slow. Everyone feels like they’re stuck in the mud and it creates this illusion of delay with the inputs.

Two games in and I’m already bored lol. I didn’t expect 2K to reinvent the wheel here but I don’t think this game is a day 1 purchase for me anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »