Home

Lack of rim rolls/bounces in the game. A side effect of the green or miss era?

This is a discussion on Lack of rim rolls/bounces in the game. A side effect of the green or miss era? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lack of rim rolls/bounces in the game. A side effect of the green or miss era?

It seems to me the green release mechanic is causing this issue. In 2k20 all greened jumpshots were swishes, and ball-rim interactions were only a result of slightly early/late timed jumpshots.

But in the green or miss era, balancing these interactions is definitely a challange.

I've also made a small compilation of some common rolls/bounces that happen in every NBA game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17H-NjaN47o

These kind of interactions mostly happen between the restricted area and around the FT line. As you can see, the backboard usually plays a major role in the outcome of these shots.

It would be nice if we could get some of those from time to time, it would add more variety to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 02:32 PM   #2
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Lack of rim rolls/bounces in the game. A side effect of the green or miss era?

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 05-03-2024, 03:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Lack of rim rolls/bounces in the game. A side effect of the green or miss era?

Agreed, i was just saying this to myself the other day. Would make playing under the rim more unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-03-2024, 07:12 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

There was recently a thread on this

Every basket is a swish now
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

It’s unrelated to “green” make mechanics- various rim interactions were patched in last year regardless. Hopefully we can get back to where it was and add even more next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2024, 02:05 AM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
There was recently a thread on this

Every basket is a swish now
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

It’s unrelated to “green” make mechanics- various rim interactions were patched in last year regardless. Hopefully we can get back to where it was and add even more next year.

Indeed, this hasn't been an issue on old-gen for awhile. For instance if you play the MyTeam mobile app you get a perfectly natural amount of rim interaction on greens.

It could just be a programming goof on 2K's end, since they did 'fix' it previously, but I also wonder if OP might be on to something, as I could understand online gamers in the less realistic, more MyPlayer-oriented modes really savoring a swish as a sort of reward for greening. I might feel that way if I were playing those modes. Swishes definitely make for more a satisfying and emphatic 'boom! in your face!' @ your online opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2024, 12:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Indeed, this hasn't been an issue on old-gen for awhile. For instance if you play the MyTeam mobile app you get a perfectly natural amount of rim interaction on greens.

It could just be a programming goof on 2K's end, since they did 'fix' it previously, but I also wonder if OP might be on to something, as I could understand online gamers in the less realistic, more MyPlayer-oriented modes really savoring a swish as a sort of reward for greening. I might feel that way if I were playing those modes. Swishes definitely make for more a satisfying and emphatic 'boom! in your face!' @ your online opponent.
Exactly. I've literally read people saying they don't like their greens rolling around the rim. Some users in Reddit also told me that when 2k24 first released players complained about 3 pointers having long rebounds.
https://twitter.com/kanvices/status/...275825711?s=46

I just want to experience some of these bounces showed in the video. Not as often as in real NBA games just from time to time. It would add more variety and suspense to the gameplay.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:30 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin

The change could be related to feedback from the online community, yes.

Just stating that it isn’t directly tied to “green or miss” make mechanics. You can have both at the same time.

Old 05-07-2024, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

99% of the shots made by cpu ai are swishes and its the main reason I'm bout to give up on 2k !
Every 3 is a rimless swish even heavy contested ones ! No bounces no rattles no diversity but pure swish swish swish all game long....I'm about to dump this game because i can't handle this anymore and im strictly a offline myleague player.

This is the worst it ever was to be honest....
Loved the game years ago where mid range rattles would occur at a realistic rate like real games , or those bounces of the rim on 3s and just hitting the rim when dropping byt this green release thung ruined that for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »