Home

Player updates?

This is a discussion on Player updates? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2024, 09:27 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Player updates?

That's not really that strong an argument though. 2k has set a standard for how frequently and how quickly they do updates over the past few years, and for whatever reason they've dropped that standard significantly this year.

We're not talking about some small indie gaming company either. They have a monopoly on the NBA and make squillions of dollars - I don't think it's too much to expect they either keep players updated or at least communicate when they have other priorities.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:40 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
That's not really that strong an argument though. 2k has set a standard for how frequently and how quickly they do updates over the past few years, and for whatever reason they've dropped that standard significantly this year.

We're not talking about some small indie gaming company either. They have a monopoly on the NBA and make squillions of dollars - I don't think it's too much to expect they either keep players updated or at least communicate when they have other priorities.

Like 95% of players in the game look really good at this point, of course they’re not gonna keep up a pace of updates as they did in the past, and the updates most guys use as their complaint are haircuts………. 2K again is the victim to their own success, because other games have nowhere near the accuracy of scans as we get with 2K
Old 02-03-2024, 07:31 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Explaining why 2k developers can't do everything modders can do is making excuses? LOL. Ok.

Which of the other 3 sports games have better players models than 2K? I'll wait...
Madden has easily taken the title from 2k this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2024, 08:35 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
Madden has easily taken the title from 2k this year!

This has to be a joke, 30-40% of players in Madden are generic CAPs
Old 02-05-2024, 10:41 AM   #13
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Also, Madden only really has to focus on faces. With the bulky uniforms I wouldn't exactly call the whole player model detailed.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:34 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Also, Madden only really has to focus on faces. With the bulky uniforms I wouldn't exactly call the whole player model detailed.
Madden player models actually look human. No oversized heads with tiny bodies, no stumpy fat legs, no huge long legs and stumpy torsos.

Madden for the win on realism
Old 02-06-2024, 07:05 AM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Player updates?

Quote:

https://www.videogamer.com/news/madd...crosshairs-ea/

Some are just fans of EAs art direction regardless of anything, lol

As far as 2K updates - My hope is that we have a large update post ASB. Overall it’s been a pretty disappointing year in that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-06-2024 at 07:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2024, 08:38 AM   #16
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think 2K gets too much hate for this every year. Unless it's a star player adopting a drastically different style mid-season (like when Curry ditched those awful NeverEnding Story cornrows shortly into the season a few years ago), 2K only owes us one solid likeness of each player per installment, though to be fair to the complainers, 2K's been coming up pretty short even on that. Chasing every new hairdo by players throughout the season is a waste of resources IMO.

Quote:
Like 95% of players in the game look really good at this point
I would say 95% of new scans (that is, mostly rookies and recent rookies) look really good... in terms of their faces / heads. Body proportions (including that of the head to the body) are garbage game-wide, and faces of active players who haven't been scanned in the past 2-3 years are seriously lacking. Unfortunately it's the star experience that is really hit hard by this. Walker Kessler looks fantastic. LeBron James not so much.

Quote:
2K only focuses on faces too (when it focuses on anything).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »