Home

Are poor reviews due to online play?

This is a discussion on Are poor reviews due to online play? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-06-2024, 04:05 PM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Are poor reviews due to online play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
I just realized many of you are probably too young to have played the older basketball games. So you might not know just how shabby the controls have become (in my opinion). Ignorance is bliss, after all.

If any of you were around for older games (NBA live 97, 98, 99) (NBA 2K3, 2K8, maybe 2K11), I'd like to hear your opinion on the controls of the newer games. I haven't played a ton, but every one of them I've played since NBA 2K9, and a little before, just play really sluggish. Animations suck my player control away. Momentum screws up everything. If I was playing just as a circle without player animations showing anything, I'd be so confused and frustrated as to why I can't move where I want to. I'd love to hear I'm wrong. But, sorry, I likely won't believe you unless you're an older NBA gamer.

Anyone?
(sorry if this all sounds insensitive. I just really want to play a good B-ball game, but going back to 2K8 is just too far, and I really need an opinion of a like-minded person.)

Just to be completely honest- New versions of 2K likely won’t be for you.

Isomotion is looong gone along with that kind of weightless feel from 2K7-8- I think you may just end up frustrated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »