Home

NBA 2K24 - 4th Official Rating Update - 1.11.2024

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 - 4th Official Rating Update - 1.11.2024 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-12-2024, 12:44 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K24 - 4th Official Rating Update - 1.11.2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubelar
Terry Rozier got shafted hard. No way he stays 82 with his run RN, consistent and very good all year
Rozier is my #8 rated SG (84), though LaMelo's absence has proven Rozier should probably be starting at PG somewhere in the league.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-12-2024 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:16 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
LeBron James Dec 22nd to Jan 11th
25 PPG, 6 RPG, 8 APG
49 FG%, 41 3PT%, 78 FT%

LeBron James Season
25 PPG, 6 RPG, 7 APG
53 FG%, 40 3PT%, 74 FT%

LOL

LeBron's League-wide Ranks
23.6 PER (9th)
30 USG% (17th)
36 AST% (6th)
7.2 BPM (7th)
2.8 VORP (7th)

Please feel free to compare this to the likes of Kevin Durant (96), Stephen Curry (95), Jayson Tatum (94), Devin Booker (94), and Jimmy Butler (93). Let us know your findings!
Lebron’s current PPG is 24.7. Can you name one player averaging that much with no other double digit stats that’s had a 96?

Never mind often abysmal defensive effort which is far under where he’s rated.

The Lakers at the beginning of the season were called one of the deepest rosters ever. And as usual, by mid season they’re faltering and desperate for more trades to resart the hype machine. So his % stats don’t mean much when a team with that much talent is doing so poorly.

Ever notice how the lakers will get all this well rated talent and by mid season they’re all seeing OVR’s plummet into the 70’s? Interesting coincidence. In fact I remember saying that same thing last season after they made the Russell trade, I believe I said “can’t wait to see all those ratings drop now that they’re in the bron lakers cycle” and I believe you answered with some meaningless paper stats. How’s that working out?

I get it, Klutch Magic makes moves, but no way is a guy on a team like the lakers, currently battling for 11th seed (again), averaging 24.7, not even the most dominant player on his own team, earning a 96. Especially taking defense into play.

Btw, being 7th-9th place in advanced stats you listed doesn’t confirm your case that he deserves a nearly game high 96. If confirms mine that there are plenty others who should be rated higher.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:53 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Lebron’s current PPG is 24.7. Can you name one player averaging that much with no other double digit stats that’s had a 96?

The Lakers at the beginning of the season were called one of the deepest rosters ever. And as usual, by mid season they’re faltering and desperate for more trades to resart the hype machine. So his % stats don’t mean much when a team with that much talent is doing so poorly.

Ever notice how the lakers will get all this well rated talent and by mid season they’re all seeing OVR’s plummet into the 70’s? Interesting coincidence. In fact I remember saying that same thing last season after they made the Russell trade, I believe I said “can’t wait to see all those ratings drop now that they’re in the bron lakers cycle” and I believe you answered with some meaningless paper stats. How’s that working out?

I get it, Klutch Magic makes moves, but no way is a guy on a team like the lakers, currently battling for 11th seed (again), averaging 24.7, not even the most dominant player on his own team, earning a 96. Especially taking defense into play.

Btw, being 7th-9th place in advanced stats you listed doesn’t confirm your case that he deserves a nearly game high 96. If confirms mine that there are plenty others who should be rated higher.
Lebron been overrated for at least 3 seasons, this the kobe effect. So the casual lebronsexuals picking up the game would win some. The others start to suck every season bc LeGM is a cancer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2024, 04:18 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Lol TF cherry picking is this?
But sure, I'll still ream you:

Steph Curry (95 OVR, only just got a -1)
26.7 PPG (+1.6)
4.2 RPG (-3.0)
4.7 APG (-2.5)

The only "hoops" you know is jumping through them for your farcical tirades.

Quote:
"Abysmal defensive effort" yet the Lakers are a top 10 defense w/ LeBron playing the 2nd most minutes on the team.

It's the same old story with you. LeBron already had his defensive ratings dropped. Cry harder.

Quote:
The Lakers at the beginning of the season were called one of the deepest rosters ever.
And then fast forward to reality, rather than your hyperbolic bull****.

They are starting Cam Reddish(!!!) at SG.
They are Taurean Prince at SF.

Gabe Vincent has missed 33 games and counting.
Jarred Vanderbilt missed 21 games and has been a shell of himself.

(I understand that you don't *actually* know who any of those players are, but I digress)

I didn't realize one player is responsible for a team's record!
Curry has the Warriors in 12th and his production is in line with 1st place Minny's own Anthony Edwards. Discuss!

(FYI, Anthony Edwards was the #1 OVR pick in the 2020 Draft - I understand this means you're unfamiliar with him).

Quote:
And as usual, by mid season they’re faltering and desperate for more trades to resart the hype machine.
Lol remind us what happened w/ the Lakers post deadline last year? You were awful quiet come May IIRC.

(Nevermind that players like Russell & Rui were re-signed primarily to be traded, not because they fit on the roster well)

Quote:
I get it, you don't actually have any attributes, badges, player comparisons, matchups, specific game data, etc to discuss (PER USUAL) which is why you always whine about some BS narrative. The irony is your hypocrite *** would be saying the exact opposite 20 years ago when Jordan was dragging the Wizards to 10th place.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-12-2024 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2024, 05:25 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Lol TF cherry picking is this?
But sure, I'll still ream you:

Steph Curry (95 OVR, only just got a -1)
26.7 PPG (+1.6)
4.2 RPG (-3.0)
4.7 APG (-2.5)

The only "hoops" you know is jumping through them for your farcical tirades.

"Abysmal defensive effort" yet the Lakers are a top 10 defense w/ LeBron playing the 2nd most minutes on the team.

It's the same old story with you. LeBron already had his defensive ratings dropped. Cry harder.

And then fast forward to reality, rather than your hyperbolic bull****.

They are starting Cam Reddish(!!!) at SG.
They are Taurean Prince at SF.

Gabe Vincent has missed 33 games and counting.
Jarred Vanderbilt missed 21 games and has been a shell of himself.

(I understand that you don't *actually* know who any of those players are, but I digress)

I didn't realize one player is responsible for a team's record!
Curry has the Warriors in 12th and his production is in line with 1st place Minny's own Anthony Edwards. Discuss!

(FYI, Anthony Edwards was the #1 OVR pick in the 2020 Draft - I understand this means you're unfamiliar with him).

Lol remind us what happened w/ the Lakers post deadline last year? You were awful quiet come May IIRC.

(Nevermind that players like Russell & Rui were re-signed primarily to be traded, not because they fit on the roster well)

I get it, you don't actually have any attributes, badges, player comparisons, matchups, specific game data, etc to discuss (PER USUAL) which is why you always whine about some BS narrative. The irony is your hypocrite *** would be saying the exact opposite 20 years ago when Jordan was dragging the Wizards to 10th place.
Oh the team leader has no effect on the teams record despite forcing trades and coach swaps year after year?

Sorry but 9th place in PER and 24.7 isn’t a 96 player.

Go look up what laker fans were saying about the current roster. Bragging endlessly. Christian wood is a third string ffs.

96 is a joke and any objective person not married to the bron legacy effect sees that.

MJ is a perfect example. Before injury, at 38/39, he was averaging 26/6/5 and had wizards in playoff running. Even after injury he gets crapped on for averaging 23. That’s almost as much as Bron does now when teams are averaging *20ppg MORE* than the 02 dead ball era (lowest scoring ever). And still, no way did he deserve a 96 then. Efficiency arguments are meaningless as back then the defense was infinitely better and more physical and hand checking had yet to be banned, so of course players were less efficient than post rule change spaced out ball. Bron’s own efficiency back then was a career low 41%, efficiency suffered league wide, hence resulting rule changes.

I mean if you ask me, put Steph or 40 year old MJ on this lakers roster with AD (currently #5 all time PER I believe) and they’re a top 4 seed. Wizards 10th seed with Kwame brown as help is a lot different than 11th seed with Anthony Davis as help.

Last edited by AIRJ23; 01-12-2024 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2024, 05:41 AM   #14
Pro

There are that many inaccuracies and just general laziness in the roster updates so I'm not sure why you get so obsessed with a legacy rating for LeBron every month.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:51 AM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know how Herb Jones went down. This dude is playing some of best basketball in his career. Especially on the offensive end.

I understand why Asuar Thompson is going down. But I wish rating we had rating of player for their minutes. He’s just not playing as much as before that’s he’s not getting the same numbers. But again I totally understand

The rise of Sengun. He got nice bump in mid range. 92 now. I think it was 86. Now he just needs float game badge.

At this point for Wemby he’s going crazy right now. Only playing like 25 minutes in games. I think the league should be general scared right now. 2k player should be scared too. He’s probably still not rated correctly the way he plays.

Scoot Henderson, keeps rising. I love everything I see from him. An NBA off season is going to do him good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2024, 11:54 AM   #16
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
BADGE CHANGES
23 (+2) Paolo Banchero

Paolo Banchero
SILVER: Post Playmaker (ADD)
BRONZE: Chase Down Artist (ADD)

If you're curious why his OVR is so high (87) it's because they're fluffing it:
98 Shot IQ
98 Offensive Consistency
98 Intangibles

BIG MOVERS
86 (+3) Jarrett Allen
77 (+3) Trayce Jackson Davis
73 (+3) Julian Champagnie
72 (+5) AJ Lawson
71 (+3) Neemias Queta
70 (+3) Jontay Porter
70 (+3) Dominick Barlow

All but one of the movers in this update are fringe players who entered rotations.

We're 45% of the way through the NBA season.
Pretty much all of the minor movement has enough of a sample size at this point.
I’m talking about movement from the last update to this one. Last update was in December and Cam Thomas was an 81, now he he’s minus two at 79. You mean to tell me 3 weeks of games is enough to lose to overall?

I am not being combative, I am just genuinely curious as to what goes into these changes. Are they knee jerk reactions based on a few games or does more thought go into it?

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 01-12-2024 at 11:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »