Home

MyEra Fix Wishlist

This is a discussion on MyEra Fix Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-04-2024, 08:43 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MyEra Fix Wishlist

If you want to.know what half-assed looks like, start from today with roster injuries turned on and see how many players have just been assigned random injuries and durations rather than the correct ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2024, 11:06 AM   #26
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

These are all great points. I was excited to work through a season with the Cavaliers and then expand adding Seattle and Vegas. I was well into February in my season, but I was getting antsy and wanted to play as Seattle, so I simulated ahead and was just blown away at how terrible the off-season free agency is.

Jrue Holiday and James Harden were left unsigned because teams ran out of cap space. Philly has a really unique situation coming up this off-season with so few players under contract and so much money dedicated to Embiid. They signed NO ONE.

Without the option to become a player and negotiate for less so the team can add other pieces, it's just a broken system. I'd have to turn off the cap, control all teams, and sign free agents to get something slightly realistic.

It ruined the experience of playing the next season.

There are a million other things that need to be addressed, like full control of G-league and G-league expansion. Actual expansion rules for the salary cap (expansion teams operate at 66% of the cap in year one and 80% in year two). Two-way contracts for draft picks.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:15 AM   #27
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I love the way they have brought the season more alive with those half time reports abou t players of the week and month. More of that.

The All Star weekend is looking very, very stale.

It'd be nice to see the minutes given out how we set them in the gameplan screen. i.e. I set Naz Reid at 25 minutes and he got 8.

I used to do the rotation timeline, but that's too time sapping.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:11 PM   #28
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Being able to play the IST in 29 or 58 game seasons would be sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-08-2024, 03:53 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I love the way they have brought the season more alive with those half time reports abou t players of the week and month. More of that.

The All Star weekend is looking very, very stale.

It'd be nice to see the minutes given out how we set them in the gameplan screen. i.e. I set Naz Reid at 25 minutes and he got 8.

I used to do the rotation timeline, but that's too time sapping.

Do you have your subs under coach settings set to rotation? If not change it to rotation. I do the minutes gameplan before every game and I have yet to see any issue with it. Players sub in at the right times that I had them down for.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 01-08-2024, 06:14 AM   #30
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
Do you have your subs under coach settings set to rotation? If not change it to rotation. I do the minutes gameplan before every game and I have yet to see any issue with it. Players sub in at the right times that I had them down for.

I’ve done that past few years but too time consuming especially with injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-10-2024, 03:28 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 0

A minor annoyance but right now, as they both only have 13 players on standard contracts, the CPU will sign a player for Portland and Cleveland if you start a new save. This is fine, but the Cavs always re-sign Rubio, which obviously makes no sense.

I understand retired players stay in the free agency pool until they officially "retire" in the game's offseason so they can become coaches, but it would be nice if it could be coded so they aren't signed by anyone.

I don't think there's any way to prevent this if you want to use the "Start Today" function, as this doesn't work with an edited roster to my knowledge.

Last edited by sirdez; 01-10-2024 at 03:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2024, 04:26 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 21

Thats why its best if you are starting all over again to use the opening night roster set that you used in your other mynba files. I did create a start today one from last week, January 5th and I do not want generic players in my g-league so the way I was able to implement them into a "start today" mynba file is by using the player dna. All of the g-league players I just exported their player dna and then would go and find the generic players on the g-league teams and one by one I would import the actual g-league players dna and save and presto. The only ones I had to skip over was the former nba players who are currently in the g-league just so that I didn't have two of the same person in the game.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »