Home

Star players shots per game

This is a discussion on Star players shots per game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2023, 08:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Star players shots per game

I'm playing against the Mavs on All Star with a few minor slider adjustments, none with shot tendencies, and by far the majority of the shots are taken by Doncic and Kyrie. By the late 3rd early 4th Doncic had already taken 32 shots and Kyrie 24. Nobody else more then like 6 or 8. Doncic averages about 20 shots per game in his career. Other players just pass up shots. It's never been this bad in other 2K games

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2023, 03:18 PM   #2
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

Re: Star players shots per game

On default sliders, latest patch, Kyrie went 14-40 including 1-23 from 3s. For some reason Luka went 6-24 and 3-10 from range. Nobody else on the team had more than 6 points, but it was brick city on both sides and game ended with both teams well under 100 points. I went 4-13 on 3s and that was the most 3s anyone made in the game. IT ended up close in the most ugly way possible. I was playing as the Wizards.

Although in previous versions it's not unknown to see AI take a ton of shots (38 was the most in the last version I think in a non-OT game) the difference is that somehow they'd keep on shooting which tends to make for a farcical game. Some games I can't get a single shot that triggers a gold shooting badge. Although, the only time I actually rage quit was when Bouknight blocked my layup somehow. I'm 6'8" and had had gold pro touch on to boot.

I play 10 minute quarters btw, not sure how much of a difference that makes.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:31 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

My experience thus far is if you play the AI straight up with default coach gameplan the stars will shoot an absurd amount. You need to adjust your gameplan to limit them.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blashinsky
I'm playing against the Mavs on All Star with a few minor slider adjustments, none with shot tendencies, and by far the majority of the shots are taken by Doncic and Kyrie. By the late 3rd early 4th Doncic had already taken 32 shots and Kyrie 24. Nobody else more then like 6 or 8. Doncic averages about 20 shots per game in his career. Other players just pass up shots. It's never been this bad in other 2K games
The issue relates to off-season player movement.
Tendencies are based on 2023 Player Production. Teammates affect production.

The Mavs went from Christian Wood (26 USG%, 3rd on DAL) to Grant Williams (13 USG%, 9th on BOS).
It also seems like they will start Josh Green (15 USG%) over Tim Hardaway Jr (21 USG%).

The in-game result is more shots for Luka & Kyrie.
(It's worth noting that Luka took 10.5 FTA and 2K doesn't call fouls like that in game, so high FGA is not really that unrealistic.)

Given Luka already had 38 USG% (2nd in the NBA) last season, it stands to reason he won't be getting more touches. But Kyrie likely will. Feel free to tweak some of Kyrie's shot tendencies up. That in itself might balance out the Luka load.

Role players like Green, Grant, and whomever the starting C is will likely see a slight uptick. Like 1-2% more USG. Which is enough for say +5 Shot Tendency. Because Grant is joining a new team, his USG is the most in flux.

We could also see expanded offensive roles & Usage rates for Tim Hardaway, Jaden Hardy, and Seth Curry depending on bench roles. Hardaway starting > Green would probably solve a lot of the USG issues w/o any tendency changes, as he'd give the team a 3rd option.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 09-29-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Green and Williams don't look for shots at all in the game unless unguarded

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2023, 09:56 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Tyrese Halliburton just took 43 shots against me. 4-24 from 3 lol
Old 09-30-2023, 05:14 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Are you guys seeing CPU take step backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-30-2023, 08:21 AM   #8
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Are you guys seeing CPU take step backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, although I usually am pretty tight on the decent shooters on the perimeter and they're more likely to wait until the last 5 seconds of the shot clock and try for a 3 off a pick. The AI is terrible at clock management just generally and those who actually shoot stepback 3s on more than a desperation basis seem pretty consistent and predictable. Sometimes out of desperation they'd step back out of bounds before getting the shot off, and occasionally they'd be able to make one or two in a game, but it's mostly bricks. Just because I had just played the Blazers and rosters aren't live after you start, Dame and Simons are the only guys who I've seen do stepbacks on that team. Dame more successful than Simons as one would expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »