Home

Crossover combos interfere with Size-up: Seriously, isn't this a bug?

This is a discussion on Crossover combos interfere with Size-up: Seriously, isn't this a bug? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2023, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Crossover combos interfere with Size-up: Seriously, isn't this a bug?

The topic is quite straightforward: To perform a crossover combo, you need to move the right stick left and then right (for example), or vice versa. To initiate a size-up, you also start with a left and then right movement of the right stick—essentially, the same controller input for two different actions.

The consequence is that when you attempt to perform a size-up, it starts with a crossover combo. Sometimes, this might not be very noticeable because the two animations are similar, but at times, it can be quite frustrating (as with Curry).

Initially, I thought it was a bug because it's straightforward to resolve the issue—crossover combos could be executed by holding the R1/RT button. However, despite updates, nothing seems to change. It's astonishing because it appears so clumsy yet easily fixable. Don't you think so?

Controller inputs are becoming catastrophic, and it's supposed to be fundamental (I won't even mention having to choose between double team and help defensive for L1/LB).

Last edited by MrFil23; 09-19-2023 at 04:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 08:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Crossover combos interfere with Size-up: Seriously, isn't this a bug?

Some combinations of sizeups and crossover combos are a lot more forgiving and work well with one another but if you use a sizeup that requires quicker input you'll almost always initiate a crossover combo. Tatum's come to mind as his have actual timing differences required for certain animations to play out.

Maybe a patch can help, but I think unless they add using a trigger or shoulder button (very unlikely) to either the sizeups or the combos this is just the way it's gong to be.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:15 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFil23
The topic is quite straightforward: To perform a crossover combo, you need to move the right stick left and then right (for example), or vice versa. To initiate a size-up, you also start with a left and then right movement of the right stick—essentially, the same controller input for two different actions.

The consequence is that when you attempt to perform a size-up, it starts with a crossover combo. Sometimes, this might not be very noticeable because the two animations are similar, but at times, it can be quite frustrating (as with Curry).

Initially, I thought it was a bug because it's straightforward to resolve the issue—crossover combos could be executed by holding the R1/RT button. However, despite updates, nothing seems to change. It's astonishing because it appears so clumsy yet easily fixable. Don't you think so?

Controller inputs are becoming catastrophic, and it's supposed to be fundamental (I won't even mention having to choose between double team and help defensive for L1/LB).
Watch this maybe it will resolve your issue he has a lot of video regarding your questions.

Old 09-20-2023, 04:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
Watch this maybe it will resolve your issue he has a lot of video regarding your questions.
>
Thank you for the link; I was already familiar with the video, and it doesn't address my question because it's not a question I have, it's a remark. It's stupid on 2K's part to have actions with such close commands. Yes, by adjusting the stick movement speed, you can better control the animation between the cross and size-up combo, but seriously, isn't there a better way to do this? It's all messy. I just found out that I can't even switch with the right stick when I'm defending far from the ball anymore.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

I just replayed the game, and the dribble controls are still catastrophic. In my first message, I said they could have used the R1 button, but actually, it's not even necessary. Just differentiate between size up and cross combo by using the stick up and down for size up and left and right for cross combo; it's SO OBVIOUS.

But the worst part is, I don't know if it's their stupidity in not realizing that controller controls become problematic every year or the lack of reaction from the community on this post. In another post, I highlight the fact that coach strategies are incomprehensible and buggy: I only got one person who reacted, and clearly, that person knows the UNDENIABLE problem. Another post where I talk about how we have to choose in defense whether the L1 button does a double team or helps on defense, and again, no reaction. Yet, I'm talking about something essential, double-teaming and defensive help are ESSENTIAL in basketball. No reaction... but we get more reactions on trivial things. I must be getting too old to play this game; the new community seems more attracted to uninteresting game modes from a basketball perspective, and 2K keeps providing us with games that are unfinished and poorly thought out every year. Okay, Pro Play is great, but your work seems increasingly inconsistent in its quality. Doing well with so much bad, I wonder if it's not a commercial technique to force us to pay up every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »