Home

NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-06-2024, 03:42 PM   #337
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think the game is pretty balanced this year from a H2H standpoint..

The over exaggerated height mismatches hurt the game a lot last year but you can stop a lot of that now… even on GOAT level it’s not excessively cheesy…

I have a lot of fun playing with classic teams, modifying them to have a current line up, and running a freelance that fits them.

Been running with the ‘96 Heat Hardaway, Thunder Dan, Bowen, Mash, Zo line up…killing it

A lot of the complaints I’ve seen online (not necessarily here) is that people want the game to be played for them, and I’m not necessarily talking about off balling. Reminds me of Madden complaints. Cool if you want to play d-line and pick the defense behind you, but don’t expect to maximize your coverage. Picking Dime doesn’t mean you’re stopping every 3rd and 10. Same applies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the one I've also seen elsewhere that makes me be like "what the flock are you talking about?" Some of the tools maybe don't always work properly, and I do get the frustrations that bad shooters can easily be turned into way better than ones than they should, but some people are basketball bozos or just lazy.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:00 PM   #338
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
This is the one I've also seen elsewhere that makes me be like "what the flock are you talking about?" Some of the tools maybe don't always work properly, and I do get the frustrations that bad shooters can easily be turned into way better than ones than they should, but some people are basketball bozos or just lazy.
First I can't beleved you replaced the word "flock" LMAO..... Then used the word bozos..... LMAO....This is a safe place. Let your feelings flow.

But I 100% agree with both of you.
Spoiler
Old 02-06-2024, 07:45 PM   #339
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
First I can't beleved you replaced the word "flock" LMAO..... Then used the word bozos..... LMAO....This is a safe place. Let your feelings flow.

But I 100% agree with both of you.
Spoiler
No moderating myself, I genuinely like using both those words haha. I know I can curse and get away with it here, who's gonna stop me? Steve? Lolz.

But yeah, the cut button needed to be tweaked. I do think the shooting thing is actually frustrating with mediocre guys becoming 80+ percent when open at all, and I've seen the off-ball mixups showcased a couple times here in the last week and that sucks when that happens.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:43 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 2

The problem with the cut/lead pass is not just the pass itself but the fact that there is little to no pre pass contact between the defender and receiver and the fact that all passes give the receiver artificial momentum and speed that they don't have in other circumstances. The momentum issue in regard to passes was exposed on this very forum YEARS ago; I wish I could remember the poster who exposed it.

A defender or multiple defenders can be draped over the receiver and they can slip by the defense because there's no pre pass contact. You get more bobble animations on heave passes to an open player than you do with a player that has a defender breathing down his neck. These are not problems exclusive to the cut pass but all passes.

Case in point: It doesn't help that you can make full court bomb passes after a made shot with Tom Brady accuracy to a player surrounded by other players even with limit transition (which should be buffed) on. If there was just 1 less defender in the vicinity of the pass at the 10 second mark, it would have been a dunk. NOBODY inbounds the ball like this IRL but 2k encourages this. A lot of these dudes are not good at basketball, they're good at 2k:

https://youtu.be/FftaSYPY8Vk?feature=shared

I play on ps4, so I still have access to the cut pass but I plan on getting a ps5 soon and not having the cut available would suck against off ballers and feels like it plays into their already loaded hands. Add some contact animations (the paint needs it in general, not just for the cut pass) and/or lower the accuracy of the pass when a defender is draped over the cutter. It's already hard enough getting by the cpu even when you have a mismatch because every cpu defender is Gary Payton but to reward off ballers by getting rid of the cut while they camp or spam the steal button and try to go for brain dead off ball steals makes the off ball epidemic worse.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Last edited by YDBoUnCe; 03-04-2024 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:35 PM   #341
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Man I was getting saucy with KD the other day. I never isolate that much. But with KD how could you not?
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/17...gOARhSCSQ&s=19

This dude quit so I couldn't get any replays SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2024, 10:32 AM   #342
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

So I get not one but two error codes last night back to back on games I’d easily win and then to top it all off. I get banned for 30 mins because I “quit” both games.

PNO man……the game that just keeps on giving.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:52 PM   #343
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Felt like writing about dashboarding today after I saw Mintsa worming his way into The Show forums to ask for it in another game. Ya know, he's right! I hate to say Mintsa is right, but he's right!

Not about dashboarding, that ish is insane and we shouldn't have to do that, but a formula for a "normal" PNO mode in any game isn't friggin' complicated and it's absurd there's not an accepted template for it.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM   #344
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
So I get not one but two error codes last night back to back on games I’d easily win and then to top it all off. I get banned for 30 mins because I “quit” both games.

PNO man……the game that just keeps on giving.
This happened to me too. I thought it was my network. But even after restarting everything. It happened 3 more times that night. I dropped a level because that nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Felt like writing about dashboarding today after I saw Mintsa worming his way into The Show forums to ask for it in another game. Ya know, he's right! I hate to say Mintsa is right, but he's right!

Not about dashboarding, that ish is insane and we shouldn't have to do that, but a formula for a "normal" PNO mode in any game isn't friggin' complicated and it's absurd there's not an accepted template for it.
I think we all agree the way 2K handles things isn't the best practice at all. There has to be room to leave a game that hasn't started yet. Or at the very least room to leave seconds into a match. I always enjoyed NHL handling of the situation. I think you get to quit 1 minute into a match. Because some users connections are terrible and no one should have to struggle with that.

I like the addition of the quit quiet time for 30 minutes to encourage playing they games. I've seen more people playing to finish this year than ever in 2K history.

Edit: I loved the article!

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-21-2024 at 09:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »