Home

NBA 2K24 Questions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Questions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2023, 07:24 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Questions Thread

Can some one clarify to me the role of "Draft storylines (Generated) and (Historic)" in the myNBA modern era?

What's the purpose of that? The game doesn't seem to give a good documentation of its purpose - especially for the Historic choice.

What I think I understand is that the Draft Storylines (Generated) are designed to add variety and unpredictability to the future draft picks, while the Draft Storylines (Historic) is responsible for adding fictional storylines for the REAL NBA players from historical drafts such as Jayson Tatum so that he may have different career trajectories and roles (Not exactly sure what that means though)....

So what are the effects of these turned on vs off?
Old 09-22-2023, 11:01 AM   #114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Figured out how to get help from a 3rd defender on the roll man
How do you do that, and can it be applied to the AI's defensive scheme?
Old 09-22-2023, 01:20 PM   #115
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingoose
Can some one clarify to me the role of "Draft storylines (Generated) and (Historic)" in the myNBA modern era?

What's the purpose of that? The game doesn't seem to give a good documentation of its purpose - especially for the Historic choice.

What I think I understand is that the Draft Storylines (Generated) are designed to add variety and unpredictability to the future draft picks, while the Draft Storylines (Historic) is responsible for adding fictional storylines for the REAL NBA players from historical drafts such as Jayson Tatum so that he may have different career trajectories and roles (Not exactly sure what that means though)....

So what are the effects of these turned on vs off?
It just creates a sense of "Randomness" to the draft. You pretty much have it figured out.

For example, with draft storylines on for historic draft classes, you could have a situation where someone, say, LeBron, comes into the league with an injury or is dealing with one (This can be seen during the draft. In the social media recap it will say something like "There were concerns following a debilitating knee injury in his freshman season, but it seems those concerns weren't enough to push the Knicks from taking him" and such variations of it). If that's the case, LeBron would come into the league with wear and tear already on his knee and a bigger chance of suffering a knee injury then normal. If you turn storylines off, he would come into the league every MyNBA with the same potential, ratings etc.

Note that this can happen at anytime during the season with this setting. So LeBron may not have the injury when you first scout him, but it becomes a thing later on if the game generates it for him. You'll see this in one of the offseason tasks as well, you'll get a message saying something like "Scout A has determined that LeBron has a serious knee issue and considers him undraftable" or something like that (It's been awhile since I've seen it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 10:08 AM   #116
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone ever won a coaches challenge?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Kind of, but not all of them.

Ice doesn't work. Hard Hedge and Catch are different than other years and as defined.

Figured out how to get help from a 3rd defender on the roll man
You can't leave the post at that man lol. Share with the class
Old 09-23-2023, 04:06 PM   #118
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You can't leave the post at that man lol. Share with the class
1. Ice doesn't work.
2. Go over/under works most times.
3. Hard Hedge doesn't move up past the pick like every other year, and is no longer a show. It's more how soft Hedge used to be.
4. Soft hedge isn't a hedge at all. Just means the dude stays way back.
5. Switch works fine.
6. The Hard Hedge setting will have help from a 3rd defender.

The settings aren't very good or useful vs the pnr. The bigs constantly turn around and let the roll man get behind them. There is very little bumping or contact on the roller.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-24-2023, 10:57 AM   #119
MVP

OVR: 3

Hey guys,

I started the 80s Era and it seems Jordan is locked with Converse. I could do the whole DNA thing but I wanna see if he is able to switch to being locked in with his own brand later.. does that happen in the later years or no?

My mans need his Jordans on his feet!
Old 09-25-2023, 06:09 AM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
It just creates a sense of "Randomness" to the draft. You pretty much have it figured out.

For example, with draft storylines on for historic draft classes, you could have a situation where someone, say, LeBron, comes into the league with an injury or is dealing with one (This can be seen during the draft. In the social media recap it will say something like "There were concerns following a debilitating knee injury in his freshman season, but it seems those concerns weren't enough to push the Knicks from taking him" and such variations of it). If that's the case, LeBron would come into the league with wear and tear already on his knee and a bigger chance of suffering a knee injury then normal. If you turn storylines off, he would come into the league every MyNBA with the same potential, ratings etc.

Note that this can happen at anytime during the season with this setting. So LeBron may not have the injury when you first scout him, but it becomes a thing later on if the game generates it for him. You'll see this in one of the offseason tasks as well, you'll get a message saying something like "Scout A has determined that LeBron has a serious knee issue and considers him undraftable" or something like that (It's been awhile since I've seen it)
Thanks for the reply! But, If I'm playing the ModernEra and I never draft historic players or use historic draft, but only the realistic draft prospects. In that case, how does Draft Storylines Historic will affect me? Or.. will it just be ignored?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »