Home

NBA 2K24 Questions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Questions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2023, 10:58 PM   #73
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K24 Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps91
Also, is Oscar Tshiebwe on the game?
If he is it won't be for long

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2023, 11:23 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Does anyone know how to do the size-ups while moving backwards? For example, Jordan when he dribbles between his legs while moving backwards. I can’t figure out how to do it this year. I believe in 2k21 or 2k22, you could even do the size-ups whole moving forward, but that was taken out in 2k23.
On PS5 its R2 and flick the RS up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldust
How often does the CPU call time outs?
Generally once a quarter, but they'll call more when you go on runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAkersndodgers109
My question is since pro play is not used for historic players or teams how does it affect the gameplay when using them?
It just means the signature animations use the old mo-cap. So older eras won't look as nice a modern players

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarkyyy423
My question relates to pace and transition play:

Is the transition game a thing in this version? And how about pace? I found 22 too fast and 23 too slow. I’m looking for realism here…
Pace seems good.
Fast breaks are present in the game, but theyre not going to just fall in your lap. Its something you have to work for.

For those saying they don't see fast breaks, a few things
-Number 1 is to create fast break opportunities via turnovers. If you aren't forcing turnovers you won't see many fast break opportunities
-Set your coach settings to run in transition to get more players leaking out as opposed to crashing the glass
-Force the fast break, don't always make the outlet pass to the PG
-You need players with speed
Old 09-11-2023, 01:48 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

Pace seems good.
Fast breaks are present in the game, but theyre not going to just fall in your lap. Its something you have to work for.

For those saying they don't see fast breaks, a few things
-Number 1 is to create fast break opportunities via turnovers. If you aren't forcing turnovers you won't see many fast break opportunities
-Set your coach settings to run in transition to get more players leaking out as opposed to crashing the glass
-Force the fast break, don't always make the outlet pass to the PG
-You need players with speed

That is good to know, thank you. I would assume the A.I (with maybe a few slider adjustments) play a decent transition game as well?

I've seen videos with some guys hitting deep 3's with players like Steph. First are you able to shoot logo 3's with a little more consistently, and second does the A.I ever shoot 30ft plus 3's if you don't pick them up half court?

I've always been annoyed that in real life if a team doesn't pick up say a Lillard at half court he will probably take a shot on you and can hit them, but in the game you can sit back and wait for him close the the 3 point line with no consequence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarkyyy423
That is good to know, thank you. I would assume the A.I (with maybe a few slider adjustments) play a decent transition game as well?

I've seen videos with some guys hitting deep 3's with players like Steph. First are you able to shoot logo 3's with a little more consistently, and second does the A.I ever shoot 30ft plus 3's if you don't pick them up half court?

I've always been annoyed that in real life if a team doesn't pick up say a Lillard at half court he will probably take a shot on you and can hit them, but in the game you can sit back and wait for him close the the 3 point line with no consequence.
I can only answer the first part regarding transition because I now play exclusively in the Kobe era, but to get the AI to have a potent transition game does require some additional setup.

tl;dr default coach settings and sliders don't give the AI a good transition game

I think all AI teams coach settings are set to the balanced some rebound, some run setting. Maybe under AI control each team could change it and it only gets set to balanced when I take temporary control, but what I like to do is at the start of each season I briefly enable control of all teams and tailor a few settings to match the team. I'll make sure some teams are transition run heavy teams before setting them back to AI control. Maybe its a pointless exercise, but I have noticed that if later in the season I reenable control of that team, whatever change I made at the start of the year persists.

The other part comes down to having a good slider set. If you average less than 10 TOVs a game its not likely the AI will have a good transition game.

I don't think the AI has a good transition game when you play on the default difficulty your skill is best suited to. When you jump up to a level above your skill, then the AI transition game becomes too strong. The game's default skill levels still aren't perfect in every department and how much you want to finetune is up to you.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:12 AM   #77
Just started!

Just a question has anyone noticed if they update stats for all time team leaders in era modes. Last time I played 2k23 they were never updated wondering if it changed for 24 like Kobe for example when you start in the kobe era he would have x amount of career points but as you progress through the season his point total stays the same and doesn't move up the Lakers all time scoring list
Old 09-11-2023, 05:16 PM   #78
Rookie

Mikey6189's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Is there a reason that the CPU keeps switching the positions that I sub players into? I’ll sub somebody into SG and then after next whistle, they’re at SF of a SF goes to PF.

I have subs on manual and the default ACE as opposed to fatigue or rotation.

I was wondering how f it was happening to anyone else! I had this happen with the Lakers. I sub LeBron in at PF and Prince in at SG. LeBron always ends up as the SG. It happens with AD and Wood as well with C/PF. It drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2023, 06:52 PM   #79
MVP

Why is it everytime I turn game on, it displays update needed, go to main menu? Are these patches or what?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by baconbits11; 09-11-2023 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:17 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Is there a reason that the CPU keeps switching the positions that I sub players into? I’ll sub somebody into SG and then after next whistle, they’re at SF of a SF goes to PF.

I have subs on manual and the default ACE as opposed to fatigue or rotation.

Change from ACE subs. With ACE the computer still will make changes to your lineup based on the players you manually sub in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »