Home

Where is current gen gameplay?!?

This is a discussion on Where is current gen gameplay?!? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Where is current gen gameplay?!?

No video, no impressions from comunity , nothing and nothing again...

I remember last year some extra info and video of '23 why we have nothing for '24?

2K don't care about old consolle (and PC ) gamers, and at this point, does it make sense to have still two version of the game?

Last edited by goma76; 08-31-2023 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 10:59 AM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Re: Where is current gen gameplay?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goma76

I remember last year some extra info and video of '23 why we have nothing for '24?

2K don't care about old consolle (and PC ) gamers, and at this point, does it make sense to have still two version of the game?
I mean, what's there to see? Absolutely no one should be buying 2K24 old-gen this year, whether on console or PC. To the latter, this year the game has Denuvo so it likely won't even be easily moddable.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
I mean, what's there to see? Absolutely no one should be buying 2K24 old-gen this year, whether on console or PC. To the latter, this year the game has Denuvo so it likely won't even be easily moddable.
Denuvo could be means integration of the anti-cheat package as well or not. If so, it could be some good news in the long run.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:31 AM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I think 2K22 was the last one that got a decent upgrade. Even when they show the new gen version you can't always see a difference, so you probably won't see a difference on the old gen version. They released a Neighbourhood trailer, if I'm not mistaken, which is the main attraction these days.

The way I see it, it's basically "take it or leave it". Those who only have old gen consoles (like me) are either "forced" to buy it if they have to own the new title, or just ignore it if they don't see much difference and don't want to "waste their money". So it's not really worth to put much effort into marketing this version because either way it wouldn't make much difference sales-wise.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-31-2023, 11:40 AM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Denuvo could be means integration of the anti-cheat package as well or not. If so, it could be some good news in the long run.
They implemented anti-cheat starting in Season 6 of 2K23, but yeah Denuvo is a different beast. It's a clear negative to me because the only reason worth playing on PC is for mods. If you can't use them then what are you even doing on there? Just get PS5 or XSX, which is what I think they want us to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I think 2K22 was the last one that got a decent upgrade. Even when they show the new gen version you can't always see a difference, so you probably won't see a difference on the old gen version. They released a Neighbourhood trailer, if I'm not mistaken, which is the main attraction these days.

The way I see it, it's basically "take it or leave it". Those who only have old gen consoles (like me) are either "forced" to buy it if they have to own the new title, or just ignore it if they don't see much difference and don't want to "waste their money". So it's not really worth to put much effort into marketing this version because either way it wouldn't make much difference sales-wise.
I feel like 2K23 was a much bigger update than 22. We got all the new-gen animations, a fresh UI, and some really sweet functionality on the back-end that has allowed for much more creativity mod-wise. Plus, as in new-gen, the gameplay felt better than 22.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 11:45 AM   #6
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

You're probably right, I didn't play 2K23 that much because the controls felt unresponsive to me and I couldn't edit rosters offline (due to that annoying restriction error). I actually got 2K22 after 2K23 and still play it occasionally.

But I still think it doesn't matter how much they market the old gen version, it wouldn't make much difference. Plus every year more people move to new gen, so old gen is getting less and less attention.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 08-31-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

Icon8 Re: Where is current gen gameplay?!?

Quote:

The real reason to not get 2k24 - the new motion captured movement they are touting is ONLY for PS5 and newer XBox. As a PS4 guy myself that is enough for me not to buy it this year. It's not like the PS4 version is cheaper either
Old 08-31-2023, 11:48 AM   #8
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You're probably right, I didn't play 2K23 that much because the controls felt unresponsive to me and I couldn't edit rosters offline (due to that annoying restriction error). I actually got 2K22 after 2K23 and still play it occasionally.

But I still think it doesn't matter how much they market the old gen version, it wouldn't make much difference.
I agree with you re: the latter, but just FYI the offline roster thing has been fixed for a long time (since patch 4 or 5).

One thing I did like better about 2K22 and previous games was instant green releases. If a green release is not instant, then what's the point? If it shows simultaneously with the ball going through the hoop, then I don't even need to see it, because I can see the ball going through the hoop...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »