Home

NBA 2K24 The City and MyCAREER Details Revealed - Streetball Side Quests, Return of REP and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 The City and MyCAREER Details Revealed - Streetball Side Quests, Return of REP and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-05-2023, 11:03 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K24 The City and MyCAREER Details Revealed - Streetball Side Quests, Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Where have ya been man? lol

NOPE.
Darn! lol
Old 09-05-2023, 02:32 PM   #10
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 The City and MyCAREER Details Revealed - Streetball Side Quests, Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
Is PC getting next gen or not?
MyNBA is just way too intensive and advanced a mode to run on a personal computer. The amazing power of current gen console NBA2k would totally fry our weak intel and AMD processors.

Eras mode is just way too much of a beast for our little PC's as well. Imagine the complaints 2k would have to field from all of the angry computer users with burnt GPUs from the intense Magic/Bird era mode.

Thank you 2k for sparing our Steam Libraries...
Old 09-06-2023, 05:08 AM   #11
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

Game is about to launch and no specific trailer or informations about the MyCareer (NBA) part

Is it concerning for the MyCareer heads? May be this mode isn't a priority now with the City, REC and Park things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2023, 05:44 AM   #12
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannisLB
Game is about to launch and no specific trailer or informations about the MyCareer (NBA) part

Is it concerning for the MyCareer heads? May be this mode isn't a priority now with the City, REC and Park things
I’ve been interested in this too because all they’ve really told us is that it’s more streamlined. Slight mentions of becoming the GOAT and a couple cutscene clips but no real information. That’s kinda odd to me but I’ll take it as long as I don’t have to deal with random bad characters or wearing hot dog hats with bad raps.
Old 09-06-2023, 06:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

They kind of just slid in the MyCareer info when they released the City trailer lol. Literally only things said about MyCareer is that the mode is more streamlined(optional quests) and key games being back.

I'm a "MyCareer Head". I don't play online at all. I wouldn't say it's concerning though. The builder part is a big part of the mode. Most of the offline MyCareer players already mentally accepted that the Online portion will always be the priority. But I'm also a realist when it comes to expectations. What do most people expect to see in a pre-launch release about MyCareer at this point? We're heading into year 15 of MyPlayer, unless they are changing a core part of the mode or adding a "back of box" feature to the mode, they aren't going to promote it. Unless they are showing off a story trailer, no real reason to have MyCareer trailer. From what I've read, the story is about your player MP(for the 3rd straight year) being the most hyped prospect(despite starting at 60 OVR) since LeBron and you're goal to break records

As I said before, if they can make AI Teammates more competent and AI Team Mangement more realistic, then I'll be happy with MyCareer. Ideally they would separate Offline and Online. I'm tired of starting at 60 OVR because they know many of the online crowd are willing to spend hundreds every year to be competitive right away. Meanwhile with the MyWNBA version, allows you to start out as high as 85 OVR off rip if you choose the overseas option. I'm not trying to buy VC to play the offline version.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:01 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ
I’ve been interested in this too because all they’ve really told us is that it’s more streamlined. Slight mentions of becoming the GOAT and a couple cutscene clips but no real information. That’s kinda odd to me but I’ll take it as long as I don’t have to deal with random bad characters or wearing hot dog hats with bad raps.
Yeah really hoping there is no mention of fashion and rapping lol. Or being forced to do side quests to play games. But, I would be lying to say I won't do the side quests this year. I skipped 2k23, but it was actually worthwhile to do all the side quests in 2k22 with how much VC you got. I believe there is street ball side quests that isn't really connected to the Park.

I guess we'll just have to play it to see if there is any differences. Usually see a day or two prior, YouTubers like Chris Smoove start it early. But it's hard for me to watch those videos because those guys just spam the same actions all game long.
Old 09-06-2023, 03:15 PM   #15
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
They kind of just slid in the MyCareer info when they released the City trailer lol. Literally only things said about MyCareer is that the mode is more streamlined(optional quests) and key games being back.

I'm a "MyCareer Head". I don't play online at all. I wouldn't say it's concerning though. The builder part is a big part of the mode. Most of the offline MyCareer players already mentally accepted that the Online portion will always be the priority. But I'm also a realist when it comes to expectations. What do most people expect to see in a pre-launch release about MyCareer at this point? We're heading into year 15 of MyPlayer, unless they are changing a core part of the mode or adding a "back of box" feature to the mode, they aren't going to promote it. Unless they are showing off a story trailer, no real reason to have MyCareer trailer. From what I've read, the story is about your player MP(for the 3rd straight year) being the most hyped prospect(despite starting at 60 OVR) since LeBron and you're goal to break records

As I said before, if they can make AI Teammates more competent and AI Team Mangement more realistic, then I'll be happy with MyCareer. Ideally they would separate Offline and Online. I'm tired of starting at 60 OVR because they know many of the online crowd are willing to spend hundreds every year to be competitive right away. Meanwhile with the MyWNBA version, allows you to start out as high as 85 OVR off rip if you choose the overseas option. I'm not trying to buy VC to play the offline version.
100% agree with you, especially the last part. This is the most important thing to me to make MyCareer experience great (again)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2023, 07:18 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
100% agree with you, especially the last part. This is the most important thing to me to make MyCareer experience great (again)
The AI Teammates is what would make or break the mode for me. For me, initially, it's not a big concern when you're grinding your players and badges. Mainly because you're main focus is grinding. But when you get past the "grinding phase" of Offline MyCareer and you're playing for enjoyment, thr AI Teammate issue shows up. I don't try to create a superstar. I lean more towards a role player that plays within the system. But with how AI Teammates perform, you can't play within the system. You almost have to spam actions and force the issue to win the games. Let's say I'm playing with someone like Curry and Thompson, if I'm a big who has Brick wall, I want them to feast off the open looks they would get.

My ideal MyCareer situation is that when I sign with my 2nd team, it's with a young up and coming team where I can be the missing piece. But, that'll only happen if AI Teammates play up to their potential.

One small thing I've wanted in MyCareer is to either turn off AutoSave or create extra save files. There have been plenty of times where I've wanted to see how the offseason played out or felt I've made a mistake wanted to change it. I understand a potential VC Exploitation if you can create additional save files. But if they can a way to track VC, having additional save files would come in handy. My ultimate goal is to find out which team has the #1 pick(or best rookie player) and sign with that team and create a dynamic duo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »