Home

Any word on Fast Breaks in 2K24?

This is a discussion on Any word on Fast Breaks in 2K24? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2023, 06:35 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Any word on Fast Breaks in 2K24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I’m loving the fast break gameplay in 2K24. Had the CPU punish me multiple times with steals around the perimeter and outrunning everyone on the break for the dunk. Same for me, fastbreaks are definitely in this year.

At higher difficulties (SS/HOF) the CPU is still given physical boosts like they always have been, so just drop the CPU Speed/Accel/Strength sliders by about 5 and you’re golden.
One thing of nuance to add, a one man uncontested fast break isn't the main issue when people speak of lack of a transition game. Its usually a lack of 2 on 1 type fast breaks. If the majority of fast break points come from a guard getting a clean steal and outrunning everyone for a clean dunk/layup thats not realistic basketball.

That paragraph may seem like I'm disagreeing with eccentric, but I'm not. I just think he's leaving out the most important thing to change (imo) to create realistic fast breaks -- the ball security slider. At high difficulty levels the AI is set to a crazy high value (100 on superstar iirc). Lower that by a significant number to create realistic fast break gameplay. I have mine set to 40, think eccentric has it at 25 in his initial sliders.

If you want to see steals, lower the ball security rather than relying primarily on boosting steal success.
High steal success values = more "clean" single animation steals that result in 1v0 fast breaks
low ball security values = more "loose ball" situations that could lead to more varied fast breaks

For example ball security at 40 but steal success left at default results in more scenarios where a steal attempt pokes the ball away from the ballhandler, but the defender doesn't immediately gain possession leading to a scramble for the ball. This allows the other 8 guys on the floor to react (hustle rating plays a role here) and sometimes the resulting action is a thing of beauty.

I also suggest paring this with a drop in pass accuracy and/or hands sliders. You throw a pass into traffic, its not caught cleanly either due to being inaccurate or poor hands, it becomes a loose ball and a scramble, if the defense recovers it the break could be on.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:49 PM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclazaris84
that's only reserved for those with FB badges and/or high acceleration ratings, correct? i'd hope so.

Nope, but the speed of the burst varies…anyone can push the ball in the open court but Stockton won’t be the blur Ja is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2023, 01:59 AM   #35
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
One thing of nuance to add, a one man uncontested fast break isn't the main issue when people speak of lack of a transition game. Its usually a lack of 2 on 1 type fast breaks. If the majority of fast break points come from a guard getting a clean steal and outrunning everyone for a clean dunk/layup thats not realistic basketball.

That paragraph may seem like I'm disagreeing with eccentric, but I'm not. I just think he's leaving out the most important thing to change (imo) to create realistic fast breaks -- the ball security slider. At high difficulty levels the AI is set to a crazy high value (100 on superstar iirc). Lower that by a significant number to create realistic fast break gameplay. I have mine set to 40, think eccentric has it at 25 in his initial sliders.

If you want to see steals, lower the ball security rather than relying primarily on boosting steal success.
High steal success values = more "clean" single animation steals that result in 1v0 fast breaks
low ball security values = more "loose ball" situations that could lead to more varied fast breaks

For example ball security at 40 but steal success left at default results in more scenarios where a steal attempt pokes the ball away from the ballhandler, but the defender doesn't immediately gain possession leading to a scramble for the ball. This allows the other 8 guys on the floor to react (hustle rating plays a role here) and sometimes the resulting action is a thing of beauty.

I also suggest paring this with a drop in pass accuracy and/or hands sliders. You throw a pass into traffic, its not caught cleanly either due to being inaccurate or poor hands, it becomes a loose ball and a scramble, if the defense recovers it the break could be on.
100% this. Ball Security especially is one of the most important sliders this year, as you said. So many loose ball scramble situations when you drop that WAY down from the default 100 (at SS/HOF), especially when paired with an increase in the Go For On-Ball Steals tendency. I haven't messed with the Hands slider yet, but I'll be sure to do that ASAP if it makes tipped passes anything like those on-ball steal attempts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 05:37 PM   #36
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Players seem to run at different speeds.

https://youtu.be/Bn3Yp-UqFLM?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2023, 10:32 PM   #37
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Fast breaks seem really legit this year, you can really push the pace off misses and turnovers using the dribble and some snappy passing

Old 09-17-2023, 09:51 AM   #38
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Any word on Fast Breaks in 2K24?

Another hit ahead pass, Lebron is the flash

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 09-17-2023 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2023, 04:54 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

They seem to work better this year, it's more fluid but yes there is still some magnet defenders
Old 10-10-2023, 07:43 AM   #40
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Much better.

https://youtu.be/RUHV7FtCzgs?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »