Home

MyNBA: Nearly Entire League Losing Money 3 seasons in

This is a discussion on MyNBA: Nearly Entire League Losing Money 3 seasons in within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-05-2023, 02:49 AM   #9
Rookie

DustinR49's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA: Nearly Entire League Losing Money 3 seasons in

I wondered lately why there are no fans in the stands for most games. Im also in 99-00 and noticing the same thing. It explains too why all the teams arent able to pay their staffs anything either.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:02 AM   #10
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbingcreation
Select all teams, turn pricing on (if it isn't already), and crank those ticket prices. They are WAY undervalued by default. You can raise them 150-175 dollars higher with them still listed as "good value"....and that will fix most teams being in the negative.
OK so I tried this.
The Good: It solved the issue, as projected profits go up immediately after bumping up ticket prices around the league. It also helped teams get more funds from profit sharing since there are more profitable teams now.

The bad: It's temporary if you don't do full league control. After putting the other teams back on CPU control they lowered their prices each day until they were unprofitable again. Now there are a dozen teams back in the negative for projected profits.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:15 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

If you have videos of this let’s report it to 2K support. Seems like a logic issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2023, 10:10 PM   #12
Rookie

DustinR49's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
OK so I tried this.
The Good: It solved the issue, as projected profits go up immediately after bumping up ticket prices around the league. It also helped teams get more funds from profit sharing since there are more profitable teams now.

The bad: It's temporary if you don't do full league control. After putting the other teams back on CPU control they lowered their prices each day until they were unprofitable again. Now there are a dozen teams back in the negative for projected profits.
What do you have the ticket prices set to as well as everything else if you're willing to share? I am running into the opposite. In the year 2000 everyone except 4 teams are profitable but the stadiums are empty. I am paused in a last week of the season game and the stadium does not have a single fan in it. The minimum price the game will let me set tickets to is $908! I dont want to have to start over for this but not having fans in the stands is really a bummer. Any advice?
Old 01-05-2023, 10:26 PM   #13
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinR49
What do you have the ticket prices set to as well as everything else if you're willing to share? I am running into the opposite. In the year 2000 everyone except 4 teams are profitable but the stadiums are empty. I am paused in a last week of the season game and the stadium does not have a single fan in it. The minimum price the game will let me set tickets to is $908! I dont want to have to start over for this but not having fans in the stands is really a bummer. Any advice?
This sounds like an era specific issue on your end. I'm playing modern era with 3 expansion teams added. (Seattle, Vegas, St. Louis). I set every team's price to the max value that it would allow before becoming red "prices are too high." It's different for each city. Small markets like Utah hit around $150, but Los Angeles, NYC, Dallas, Chicago were at around $325.
The CPU is resetting prices to be in the green at around 50-65 dollars for those teams.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:47 PM   #14
Rookie

DustinR49's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
This sounds like an era specific issue on your end. I'm playing modern era with 3 expansion teams added. (Seattle, Vegas, St. Louis). I set every team's price to the max value that it would allow before becoming red "prices are too high." It's different for each city. Small markets like Utah hit around $150, but Los Angeles, NYC, Dallas, Chicago were at around $325.
The CPU is resetting prices to be in the green at around 50-65 dollars for those teams.
It might be era specific. Even weirder, I paused the game and then unpaused and now the stadium is half full in the same game! This game is so buggy. Thanks for the tips, if I do a modern era save I will try that.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:02 PM   #15
Rookie

Did you change the number of games per season?

MyNBA everyone is going broke in the first season and I realized that it is because I have the season at 30 game or something...and no team is making enough profit at the gate.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »