Home

Does EA Sports College Football opens the door for College Hoops 2k Revival

This is a discussion on Does EA Sports College Football opens the door for College Hoops 2k Revival within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Does EA Sports College Football opens the door for College Hoops 2k Revival

With EA Sports bringing back College Football what's the chances that we get College Hoops 2k revised at some point in the next few years? I have no knowledge here but if NCAA March Madness comes back before College Hoops does I'll be deeply saddened.

Has the player likeness hurdles in college sports been officially cleared for video games to be produced?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2022, 10:19 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Does EA Sports College Football opens the door for College Hoops 2k Revival

I don't expect either college basketball game to return unless they find a way to generate a desired level of revenue through MTX.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:50 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Unless the License is cheaper there will never be another college 2k basketball game again🤷
The License was too pricey and not hitting their sales mark is the reason they stop making college basketball
Old 11-30-2022, 09:16 AM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I kinda doubt it. I will say, I'd lay down $200 for a new CH2K. No questions asked.

Last edited by Gramps91; 11-30-2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am personally bullish despite others sentiment. Here is my reasoning and hope for the future.

1. The game can be packaged unlike prior versions. For example, NBA 2k could package in the College Game with their installment and vice versa. Connecting the two games from a MyPlayer standpoint could be very lucrative as you’ll see in bullet #2

2. MyPlayer VC could be a great way to bridge revenue gaps that were an issue from 2006-2009 during the final phases of College Basketball games

3. It has been 13+ years now, there is a thirst for a college game and consoles and availability for downloads are so much better now than before and would open up a massive market imo

4. And finally, I would expect the licensing being done by EA Sports with College Football should lay a good ground work of what things will cost and how it needs to be done. Their success in 2024 with their release will tell us whether or not a game will come. Personally I’d be surprised if no one takes a chance on college basketball and although it may not come until 2025-26, I expect a comeback at some point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't see EA March Madness coming back until NBA Live comes back. I don't see them developing a new basketball engine just for college basketball game.

It'll obviously be easier for 2k to use it's engine and assets. But 2k dropped out of CHoops because of sales. I don't think College Basketball games will sell well. College Football is more popular throughout the season compared to CBB when the focus is on March Madness.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I don't see EA March Madness coming back until NBA Live comes back. I don't see them developing a new basketball engine just for college basketball game.

It'll obviously be easier for 2k to use it's engine and assets. But 2k dropped out of CHoops because of sales. I don't think College Basketball games will sell well. College Football is more popular throughout the season compared to CBB when the focus is on March Madness.
EA has an unused basketball engine as of now which is interesting. And for them to compete against NBA 2k would be risky imo. College basketball is not as popular as football but let’s also consider college football is second to only the NFL in popularity in the USA. Obviously college basketball is a harder sell, but 13 years without a game will bring a lot of people in imo.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
EA has an unused basketball engine as of now which is interesting. And for them to compete against NBA 2k would be risky imo. College basketball is not as popular as football but let’s also consider college football is second to only the NFL in popularity in the USA. Obviously college basketball is a harder sell, but 13 years without a game will bring a lot of people in imo.
I agree. College Basketball regular season is as popular as its most marketable player. When Zion was at Duke, more people were tuning into regular season games.

2k is better suited for College basketball. The popularity of NBA 2k should help. Heck the revenue from MtTX from NBA 2k can supplement CHOOPs. CFB will obviously sell better, but even that's likely just 2-4 M copies after the first couple years. CHoops almost has to be treated like a passion project thar you aren't dependent on the revenue

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »