Home

Cpu still never calls timeouts.

This is a discussion on Cpu still never calls timeouts. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-29-2022, 02:26 AM   #17
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu still never calls timeouts.

Played with the Knicks against Pistons / Magic in (broken since release) My-NBA mode and the first & only time-out the Piston's called a TO was at the end of the 4th quarter

Also before i had a game against Grizzlies (First regular-season Knicks game), they called only 3 time-outs if i remember correctly.

CPU brain & logic is again out of order like every year I mean we have 2022 and still...

Still waiting for a patch who fixes all of the glitches & and bugs (MyNBA Mode & AI)

Last edited by Fredette; 10-29-2022 at 02:28 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:20 PM   #18
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Define never? I see CPU timeouts quite a bit. Not sure what game you guys are playing.
I've played about 60 games in MyNBA Eras and the CPU always uses its timeouts. Is this just Play Now or MyLeague?
Old 11-14-2022, 10:06 AM   #19
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm back to just reiterate and angry...

I am still not seeing any CPU timeouts. Barely is probably a better adjective.

I played three my NBA era games and the CPU has called a total of two timeouts in three games. One game I jumped out to a 20-point lead and you would think they'd have called a timeout. Nope. They just completely ignored my momentum swings and just kept playing and getting winded.

Again... this was not a problem prior to NBA 2k17. It's truly a game breaker for me. The CPU logic is not there anymore. Call it a glitch,. Call it not important to 2k. But why is this not talked about more?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2022, 10:48 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm back to just reiterate and angry...

I am still not seeing any CPU timeouts. Barely is probably a better adjective.

I played three my NBA era games and the CPU has called a total of two timeouts in three games. One game I jumped out to a 20-point lead and you would think they'd have called a timeout. Nope. They just completely ignored my momentum swings and just kept playing and getting winded.

Again... this was not a problem prior to NBA 2k17. It's truly a game breaker for me. The CPU logic is not there anymore. Call it a glitch,. Call it not important to 2k. But why is this not talked about more?

Along with this bug is the issue with the game automatically taking timeouts away for no reason. When u reach the 4th quarter no team can have over 4 timeouts, then it's further reduced to 2 timeouts at the 3 min mark.

It's gotta be 1 of the most fundamental parts of basketball and nobody bats an eye smh. In 3 modern Era games yesterday the CPU did not call 1 timeout. I just turned the game off

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2022, 10:56 AM   #21
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
Along with this bug is the issue with the game automatically taking timeouts away for no reason. When u reach the 4th quarter no team can have over 4 timeouts, then it's further reduced to 2 timeouts at the 3 min mark.

It's gotta be 1 of the most fundamental parts of basketball and nobody bats an eye smh. In 3 modern Era games yesterday the CPU did not call 1 timeout. I just turned the game off

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I'm glad I'm not alone on this and the importance of getting it fixed. But it never does.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2022, 11:04 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

The AI calls TOs in my games.

Wonder if it is dependent on ACE or something, what difficulty do you play on?
Old 11-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #23
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The AI calls TOs in my games.

Wonder if it is dependent on ACE or something, what difficulty do you play on?

Mine too but I have to basically force them to call a timeout by accomplishing very specific defense busting momentum plays. Things like hitting an open cutter on a back screen, or taking the lead during a 10-0 run.
Old 11-14-2022, 08:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Mine too but I have to basically force them to call a timeout by accomplishing very specific defense busting momentum plays. Things like hitting an open cutter on a back screen, or taking the lead during a 10-0 run.
Weird. Like clockwork the AI will call timeouts at certain times in my games. Like between 4 and 6 minutes left in the 1st quarter the AI will call one.

I haven't paid too close attention but it seems like they call 1 a quarter as the baseline, then may call more in response to runs.

Another theory, the game doesn't have TV timeouts. Maybe some of us are watching real games and the number of TV timeouts and attributing those to coach's timeouts, and therefor expecting the game's AI to call more?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »