Home

How’s your MyNBA franchise discussion thread

This is a discussion on How’s your MyNBA franchise discussion thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2022, 11:16 PM   #81
Rookie

smcamp3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How’s your MyNBA franchise discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Atlanta: Would work for that. Nice, young core. Enough pieces for a trade. The only problem I see is that with Young as a star the direction you can build the rest of the team is clearly set.

Detroit: Don't see them competing for a title for a few years from where they are in rebuild

Miami: That's close to the top 4 team. And with the contracts they have you are basically out of cap forever without major moves

I think the Raptors fit what you are looking for the best. Young core. Trade pieces. Potential to be on the top soon. And Barnes is a great piece to build around, because you can go anywhere from there.
Yeah ended up going with them mostly because of Barnes, just love him. After a couple games I think I need a backup guard that can give my bench some points. Who are some realistic options I can get? Don't want to part with Precious but picks can be had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 12:27 AM   #82
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcamp3
Yeah ended up going with them mostly because of Barnes, just love him. After a couple games I think I need a backup guard that can give my bench some points. Who are some realistic options I can get? Don't want to part with Precious but picks can be had.
Quickley, D-Rose, Dinwiddie, Reggie Jackson, Coby White, TJ McConnell etc
Old 09-25-2022, 01:07 AM   #83
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmarino
Posting this here to see if anyone else got this, not sure if it's a bug, or a boost I'm getting from something:

I simmed a few seasons to test some things in MyNBA modern era, and suddenly my team had +16 to offensive rebound, and +15 to speed... the entire team. I can't figure out what triggered it.

I tried firing the entire staff, lowering morale/chemistry boosts, etc, but I can't figure it out.

It's super unrealistic, borderline game breaking to have an entire team full of blazing fast players. I need to figure out what's making this happen so I can fix it before i progress further into my franchise.

Anyone else encounter this, or have an idea?

Do you have facilities turned on or GM Skills?
Old 09-25-2022, 04:32 AM   #84
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcamp3
I would check out the Jazz firesale. Clarkson, Conley, Beasley.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:40 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Do you have facilities turned on or GM Skills?

Yes I do. Could it be one of those?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 11:42 AM   #86
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

30 game in with the modern day Kings. 15-15 after a tough loss to the Lakers, sitting at 8th place in December.

My moves so far:

- Traded Holmes to the Heat for Duncan Robinson and a 2nd
- Traded Harrison Barnes for Kelly Oubre and a 2nd
- signed Boogie Cousins as my backup center

I am having so much fun! Really tuned my rotation until I found the perfect one right now. My favorite lineup is one with Fox, Huerter, Robinson, Sabonis and Boogie. Boogie rumbling under the basket, 2 sharpshooters, a playmaking big and one of the fastest slashers out there. Unstoppable!
Fox continue his uprise after the Haliburton trade with 27/8, Sabonis leads the league with 12 rebounds per game.

Since I control every team it's much busy work. Since the CPU screws up the rotations when handled by itself I have to redo them with every injury, which are plentyful so far.

I will start to do my trade deadline preparation soon. The Lakers for example are struggling heavily since they lack shooting. On the other side the Raptors sit at 3rd in the East and have league winning potential with the right moves. This will be a really fun project coming up.

For my Kings all I want this season is ending the playoff drought and I am ready to go all in for that. What I need is a better backup 4 since Metu is doing good on defense but is a big 0 on offense and the same with Mitchell as a backup PG. He is sadly to small to really be a good defender on this game, guys just shooting casually over him all the time. Since he is my biggest trade chip I am looking for a new home for him. So far I don't have a good idea for that though.
Old 09-25-2022, 04:48 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I made two trades near the deadline but saved it as a separate file while I decide whether or not to go through with it. Wizards in Kobe era, already traded Stackhouse for Francis early in the season.

Trade 1
Wizards get 04 1st round (unprotected)/Jarred Saric PG (64 ovr)
Jazz get 03 1st Round/ 04 2nd round / 05 Second Round / Briand Cardinal, PF (~72 ovr stretch 4)

Trade 2
Wizards get Chris Anderson C
Nuggets get Christian Laettner, PF / Melvin Ely, C
Clippers get Byron Hardaway, SG / 05 2nd round / 03 2nd Round

Trade 1 is simple. Jazz should suck horribly next year so that should be a good draft pick. I'm opting out of the 03 draft gold rush. Wizards should finish this season in the 4th to 6th range, so that 03 pick probably wasn't going to get me a big name. But that Jazz pick from year 1 in the post Stockton and Malone era? Noice.

Trade 2 I'm a little iffy on. Yes Laettner has not been impactful for me and I do want to move him, but that would give me Haywood, Etan Thomas, and Birdman at center. They are all either 25 or 24 years old and rated 75-76. supposedly next year's draft has a kid named Dwight Howard that shows promise who I would like to take a look at it. I feel like this trade may not address an area of need, also while weakening my team this year. If I go through with it no one in my frontcourt is a reliable scorer. But in terms of value, I don't know if I can get better than this for Laettner
Old 09-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #88
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

not sure about that Jazz trade and them giving up an unprotected 1st if they're tanking/rebuilding and are going to be bad. But on the same hand, the league in general valued draft picks a lot less 20 years ago than now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »