Home

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

This is a discussion on Play Now Online: NBA 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2022, 03:51 PM   #401
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
From a guy who has done both……I respect the “want” of using the pistons every game, BUT freshman does have competition here and there but overall it’s a cake walk. Higher leagues have way better comp on a regular basis. What I normally do is make it to/win GOAT then use the raptors exclusively from there on out……

I’ve beaten guys 100-0 (literally, I even posted a pic of it here) in freshman. The comp on the regular is very very very weak…..
What's the comp you speak of? What's done so differently in other leagues than freshman?

I've been in all of the leagues. It's the same meta 2-3 zone free safety for the steals. Please tell me something different that's done in those leagues that would be any different than what I'm seeing now?

If I'm open, I'm open no matter what league I'm in. Now if you tell me there playing man onball defense than I'll take your word for it. But I know that's not the case.

I look at some of those youtube guys like groovy queen I think his name is and a couple others with good records in those leagues and it's the same thing, 2-3 zone....****nning around like a chicken with its head cut off playing free safety spamming the steal button constantly for passing lane steals. If yall call that competition, then I'll just stay in the freshman league with the other rooks that do the same thing.

Check out this clip right here. From the jump, he starts off with lets see how this 2-3 rockin. In the clip you see the circle underneath switching and him going for steals. How is this competitive? I mean, everyone is entitled to play how they want, but your saying cause someone is in the college league or goat league doing this, theyre automatically better than someone who does in the the freshman league?

Like I said, if I get open, I get open. Freshman, college, goat, g, big 3, whatever you wanna call the league. You slip up, I'm confident I'm gonna knock down my shots no different than what I'm doing right now. Defensively, I'm gone clamp down as well.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bls; 10-31-2022 at 04:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2022, 09:21 AM   #402
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

^^^^^

I regress my guy. You make a point and I do agree with you.

How about I just say it’s harder to get wins consistently in the higher leagues (for whatever reason…..lol).
Old 11-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #403
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
^^^^^

I regress my guy. You make a point and I do agree with you.

How about I just say it’s harder to get wins consistently in the higher leagues (for whatever reason…..lol).
The reason why I say I know I'll be successful no matter the league or opponent is, most opponents make no adjustments whatsoever.

You look at the perspective from another sport like football. You watch videos of Madden. Not saying Madden is a good game, but you do see adjustments being made. Whether it's setting all your backs to cover based on overall, speed or etc. Zone changes, man defense changes etc.

With 2K 95% of the time that doesn't happen. If you look a couple threads back you'll see someone posted about adjustments making defenders super human. That's not the case at all. If your playing man defense, everything is set to automatic. Meaning the cpu determines the pressure onball and offball. So when I bring someone in like Knox who has a decent but not great 3 point rating. If your playing offball, the defender is likely to sag off of him. Well if I got his shot down (which I do) and you allow the cpu to play D for you, its cash most of the time. So if you dont go into settings and adjust that to play tight or smother, it's gonna be problems. Now some people use the over all settings like "No threes" "Shrink the floor" and etc. The those settings are universal over your whole squad. You don't really want that unless your in certain situations in my opinion.

I had a guy message me after a game and say, the only reason you beat me was cause you made all of those adjustments. I'm like, well what am I suppose to do. Keep allowing you to do the same thing over and over. 95% of opponents run the PNR every play. If I see someone is having success with the roller to the basket. I immediate pause and go to coach assignments and adjust the screen help setting to "No Help" and also "Stay Attached" (You'll see it in some of the videos I post). Well the reality is, once you take something away from someone that there familiar with, they don't really have a backup plan and then it's off to the races cause they have no adjustment.

I had another guy tell me the only reason I beat him was cause I shot 3's. Well duh!!!! I told him, what am I suppose to do, your leaving me wide open playing that 2-3 passing lanes for steals. No adjustments were made.

The reality of it is, most people play these games for fun, which I do as well. But I'm with Czar. I don't just play video games, I play basketball. Everything is strategic with me. It's one of the reasons I love 2K All pro football so much. It was like chess within the game. How are you gonna build your team, offense, defense, balanced? There was a counter for pretty much everything. You have could have someone with a wideout that has the speed burner ability. Well did I create anyone on my defense that could combat that with an ability like say "Bump Master?" It added a different element to the game. You came across some people that had created teams that were unique. But the adjustments mattered.

Like the guy I mentioned above. If you look at the video, no adjustments were made. The reliance is on the fact that the cpu will shift people into appropriate positions while I switch off hitting the steal button at the correct times in hopes of a deflection or steal. That's just the meta of the game and it's been that way for some years now. They ever bring space the floor back it'll definitely be trouble for people that run that defense.

I respect and I can agree with what your saying. I'm just a confident type of guy 😂
Old 11-02-2022, 02:47 AM   #404
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
What's the comp you speak of? What's done so differently in other leagues than freshman?

I've been in all of the leagues. It's the same meta 2-3 zone free safety for the steals. Please tell me something different that's done in those leagues that would be any different than what I'm seeing now?

If I'm open, I'm open no matter what league I'm in. Now if you tell me there playing man onball defense than I'll take your word for it. But I know that's not the case.

I look at some of those youtube guys like groovy queen I think his name is and a couple others with good records in those leagues and it's the same thing, 2-3 zone....****nning around like a chicken with its head cut off playing free safety spamming the steal button constantly for passing lane steals. If yall call that competition, then I'll just stay in the freshman league with the other rooks that do the same thing.

Check out this clip right here. From the jump, he starts off with lets see how this 2-3 rockin. In the clip you see the circle underneath switching and him going for steals. How is this competitive? I mean, everyone is entitled to play how they want, but your saying cause someone is in the college league or goat league doing this, theyre automatically better than someone who does in the the freshman league?

Like I said, if I get open, I get open. Freshman, college, goat, g, big 3, whatever you wanna call the league. You slip up, I'm confident I'm gonna knock down my shots no different than what I'm doing right now. Defensively, I'm gone clamp down as well.

Obviously players in higher leagues know more of the nuances of the game and can execute their strategies better. I’ve played people you really can’t pass against because it will be stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-02-2022, 05:21 AM   #405
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Obviously players in higher leagues know more of the nuances of the game and can execute their strategies better. I’ve played people you really can’t pass against because it will be stolen.

What are these nuances you speak. Obviously you know cause your in a higher league and you speak of them.

The not being able to pass against someone is what I've been speaking of. They are not in a man defense, I can 100% guarantee that. And they switch off playing the passing lane. I know how to beat that. I show yall in clips and if you watch the videos you'll see. You have to slow down the pace of your offense against that. The less movement the better. I also have a play for that I run that has either my SG or SF wide open. They try to play both of them offball but it's difficult to do. Like I said, if they bring back "space the floor" it'll be even more trouble for people that run that kind of defense.

What other nuances do you see? Cutters I'm not worried about. I see that as well. What strategies do you speak of that make them superior in those leagues?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #406
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
What are these nuances you speak. Obviously you know cause your in a higher league and you speak of them.

The not being able to pass against someone is what I've been speaking of. They are not in a man defense, I can 100% guarantee that. And they switch off playing the passing lane. I know how to beat that. I show yall in clips and if you watch the videos you'll see. You have to slow down the pace of your offense against that. The less movement the better. I also have a play for that I run that has either my SG or SF wide open. They try to play both of them offball but it's difficult to do. Like I said, if they bring back "space the floor" it'll be even more trouble for people that run that kind of defense.

What other nuances do you see? Cutters I'm not worried about. I see that as well. What strategies do you speak of that make them superior in those leagues?

The players are just better in general. I doubt any of us had a hard time getting out of freshman, that’s why I’m saying there’s no competition there. There may be a lot others still building wins there as you are, but the majority of players won’t be a great challenge.

Old 11-02-2022, 11:20 AM   #407
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
The players are just better in general. I doubt any of us had a hard time getting out of freshman, that’s why I’m saying there’s no competition there. There may be a lot others still building wins there as you are, but the majority of players won’t be a great challenge.

What system are you on? If your on Xbox next gen let me know. If you anyone else that's just better in these other "leagues" hit me up. I'm down for a challenge just to see what's the competition you speak of. I'm guessing so folk just switch faster in the zone on defense. Or there offball defense is phenomenal the way they sit in the paint. I'm anxious to see.

Old 11-02-2022, 03:49 PM   #408
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
What system are you on? If your on Xbox next gen let me know. If you anyone else that's just better in these other "leagues" hit me up. I'm down for a challenge just to see what's the competition you speak of. I'm guessing so folk just switch faster in the zone on defense. Or there offball defense is phenomenal the way they sit in the paint. I'm anxious to see.

Get out of freshman to see it. No point in bragging about blowing out people in the lowest league. I could see if your were D-League or Euro destroying people like that. You at least find some experienced players at that level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »