Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2022, 12:08 PM   #65
Rookie

auburnfan2's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Did they do anything to in game injuries and how are foul’s looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #66
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

I must say...the slower pace is really helping with adjusting to using the shot stick 100% of the time. I'm playing Limited mode in MyTeam. Also, it seems like they increased backcourt fouls after a defensive rebound. I'll have to check the NBA rules, but the game is calling "transition fouls" which is one shot and possession. That should limit steal spamming. Lastly, you have to be careful about launching out of triple threat moves. I actually got called for 4...yes 4...traveling violations in one game.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-08-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #67
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

I'm not going to say a lot but I wanted to mention that we talked about dynamic adjustments in the blog. Unlike past years we don't have everything on 100 on the first possession.

The more you do the more the system "should" adjust. Like all things this is year one so it will have things it misses or adjustments that may not be 100% effective in changing user behavior.

So we are not bringing the house on drives and stuff until we see oh you can drive and score.

Also the game was tuned for FUN. not simply difficulty. We don't have enough tools to make it difficult without the AI just straight cheesing you. I think you remember what that felt like and I know some of you hated that.

So for some of you the game just won't be difficult enough so you will need to make adjustments. That is the trade-off for now.

We have on ball defensive delay on the the AI. This gives them more human reaction times. This is not tuned overly tight. I could tighten that up and your lanes and drives would get much harder but that is not always fun getting stone-walled.

That is why with faster players like Jordan when you start from a stand the drives seem too easy for some of you. Because we don't have the Ai anticipating your drives he is waiting and reacting and then with the new body-up tuning and data you have a more open game.

In current era we want drives and free flowing offense. You want more body-ups play in era's with hand-checks and increased body-ups.

PS. Just wanted to mention that the delay is scaled based on defensive ratings but not game difficulty. Also and offensive player with clamp breaker vs a defender without clamps is basically an open door some drives you are getting vs poor defenders will not have the same outcomes as vs great on-ball defenders so who is guarding you, will also make a difference.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 09-08-2022 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:20 PM   #68
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Playing my first 91 eras game and they’re HARD doubling Jordan. Something the modern era didn’t do at all in my brief quick games.
We don't have Jordan Specific defensive data in current cause that is not his era.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-08-2022, 12:22 PM   #69
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

As we expected, there’s a ton of caps in historical draft classes

If they need to do that to fill out the classes, at least make them very low rated players. Seeing 77-78 OVR fake players get get drafted in the lottery is immersion breaking , especially since they have modern day player tendencies

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Gosens6; 09-08-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #70
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

We have on ball defensive delay on the the AI. This gives them more human reaction times. This is not tuned overly tight. I could tighten that up and your lanes and drives would get much harder but that is not always fun getting stone-walled.

This is one of my favorite change so far from 22. Please dont change that. Its way more realistic and fun this way.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
I'm not going to say a lot but I wanted to mention that we talked about dynamic adjustments in the blog. Unlike past years we don't have everything on 100 on the first possession.

The more you do the more the system "should" adjust. Like all things this is year one so it will have things it misses or adjustments that may not be 100% effective in changing user behavior.

So we are not bringing the house on drives and stuff until we see oh you can drive and score.

Also the game was tuned for FUN. not simply difficulty. We don't have enough tools to make it difficult without the AI just straight cheesing you. I think you remember what that felt like and I know some of you hated that.

So for some of you the game just won't be difficult enough so you will need to make adjustments. That is the trade-off for now.

That is why with faster players like Jordan when you start from a stand the drives seem too easy for some of you. Because we don't have the Ai anticipating your drives he is waiting and reacting and then with the new body-up tuning and data you have a more open game.

In current era we want drives and free flowing offense. You want more body-ups play in era's with hand-checks and increased body-ups.
Big Czar as always thanks for the transparency. I totally understand the game is tuned for fun vs. complete realism. I can only hope we have the tools to tune it to have more body ups if we like in a modern era setting. Appreciate the hardwork man. Forreal.

Side note: any insight on this new “attitude” rating that has been seen in screenshots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #72
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:

PS. Just wanted to mention that the delay is scaled based on defensive ratings but not game difficulty. Also and offensive player with clamp breaker vs a defender without clamps is basically an open door some drives you are getting vs poor defenders will not have the same outcomes as vs great on-ball defenders so who is guarding will also make a difference.
Thanks for the info Czar. So the modern team coaches that have their help defense set to 0, does the AI coach change that setting depending on whats going on in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »