Home

Not enough blowbys?

This is a discussion on Not enough blowbys? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not enough blowbys?

Hey dear sim guys and slider makers,

I bought 2K22 recently and I do find the game a bit hard because of how much shot coverage matters (luckily this can be changed in the sliders). But I also find it hard because I feel like most players lack explosiveness, it's hard to blow by opposing players. You always need a ball screen or a very very good ball handler/slasher.

I appreciate good defense and everything, the overall game feels better but these kinds of things make it harder to replicate real life stats and all that. Cause blowbys open up the court so much, so you get help rotations, open 3s... Won't teach you basketball in this thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone that likes to play with sliders could give me some suggestions to improve that part of the game.

Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2021, 12:23 AM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Not enough blowbys?

Decrease Lateral Quickness. Optionally you can decrease Body Up Sensitivity as well for weaker contact animations when driving at a defender, but I prefer the Lateral Quickness solution.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Decrease Lateral Quickness. Optionally you can decrease Body Up Sensitivity as well for weaker contact animations when driving at a defender, but I prefer the Lateral Quickness solution.
Aight im gonna try that, do you think increasing the gap between faster and slower players in movement settings could help too?
Old 12-30-2021, 05:16 AM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Belhanda
Aight im gonna try that, do you think increasing the gap between faster and slower players in movement settings could help too?

Yes, but then you get the issue where bigs move in slow motion making a lot of help defense (especially pick and roll defense) completely ineffective and too easy to abuse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »