Home

Do the sliders actually work?

This is a discussion on Do the sliders actually work? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #1
Pro

bbondsfan25's Arena

OVR: 5
Do the sliders actually work?

The only thing keeping me from getting this are the multiple comments I have read about sliders not working. Has this been improved/fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Do the sliders actually work?

Sliders work. More or less. Some sliders seem to have more gameplay impact than others.

It's hard to know because 2K provides no information on what the sliders do so we have inferred from testing.

Some problems can't be solved with sliders due to how the game is coded. Free throws being too few is a good example.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2021, 05:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbondsfan25
The only thing keeping me from getting this are the multiple comments I have read about sliders not working. Has this been improved/fixed?
At first I thought they did.. I was having some great games with my hybrid set of sliders from a few people on this site with a little tweak here and there from myself but everthing changed when the new update came out. All the cpu does now is drive to the basket even though I put the drive to the basket tendency at 0. I also dramaticlly changed the cpu offensive sliders by as much as 15 points lower and the cpu makes everthing and this is on pro... The cpu all of a sudden became almost impossble to beat. I don't what happened but I lost all my enthusiam for this game.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
everthing changed when the new update came out. All the cpu does now is drive to the basket even though I put the drive to the basket tendency at 0. I also dramaticlly changed the cpu offensive sliders by as much as 15 points lower and the cpu makes everthing and this is on pro... The cpu all of a sudden became almost impossble to beat. I don't what happened but I lost all my enthusiam for this game.
Ugh - that's not good. I'm on PC and have not gotten the patch yet so can't compare. Sometimes these behaviors are tied to roster tendencies, but this sounds more like they have coded the game behavior. I hope that's not the case.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #5
Pro

bbondsfan25's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for the feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2021, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

On next gen at least, the sliders definitely work. All except for the “Movement with Ball” sliders, anyway.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:35 PM   #7
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

OVR: 0

They work, they don't override individual player tendencies though - which is fine.

Fouls in particular I always load every foul slider at 100 then change every roster team to 100 foul tendency and 100 hard foul tendency for every player.

I get between 20-30 FTA's a game each team. If you want even more jack up the player tendency of steal attempt to 80+ or above as well. Block attempt the same way.

Sliders themselves improve the game, roster edits change the game entirely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »