Home

Situational Sliders?

This is a discussion on Situational Sliders? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Situational Sliders?

Whats up guys,

I know a lot of the great slider makers in this forum shoot for realism, and along with the amazing custom rosters we can get the game to play great and realistic. I know alot has to do with the roster and tendencies but I was mulling over the idea of having a few slider sets to load up depending on the game situations.

I wanted to see everyone's opinions about having preset sliders for different points of the game. I've seen this in the past with Simnation rosters/sliders but they were adjusted by point of the season if I remember correctly and not depending on the game.

What I was thinking is game situational sliders, mainly effecting defense (mainly shot contest and the defensive contact sliders). I see alot of sliders that make the defense super tough with contesting all shot and high help defense settings to counter pick and rolls and whatnot. But watching NBA games (I'm a Knicks fan and with Thibs they have to play hard D at all times) its easy to see how the defensive intensity, even with the best defensive teams, isn't super high in the 1st quarter and sometimes even coming out of the half. Especially when compared to a close game in the 4th quarter when teams lockdown to get stops late in the game. I also feel that that lack of defense allows for guys to get a feel for the game and get hot which can effect how the rest of the game goes to potentially add more variety of types of games. So if it wasn't too much of a hassle having different sets of sliders to load for 1st quarter, the middle quarters then a couple options for late game depending on the score it would potentially be even more realistic than having such high defensive settings and having guys playing high level D for 48 mins which isn't realistic...

I know it could be overkill to load sliders at different points of the game but wanted to see peoples thought because I'm trying to combat the feel of every team playing amazing defense the whole game every game I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »