Home

Speed Differential

This is a discussion on Speed Differential within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2021, 03:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Speed Differential

Hi Everyone- I’m really enjoying the game this year when playing against the CPU. I haven’t adjusted sliders yet, but the biggest problem I have with the game is overall speed differential of players.

I notice a difference in speed as a ball handler, but the AI movement and general foot speed and lateral quickness of players on the court seems about the same regardless of player or position.

This is particularly noticeable with AI defenders in the half court or any fast break situation. Fast breaks are almost non-existent for me because everyone seems to get a speed boost when running up the floor.

Does anyone have slider recommendations to fix these issues?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed Differential

Wish I could help you out, I'm having pretty much the same issue. I also want to make driving to the hoop a bit easier for someone who doesn't have a lot of stick skill. I've been playing as the Pelicans and I can't quite seem to get Zion to be able to drive past slower/not great defenders. Could be a case of my lack of overall skill as well. I'm currently playing on default pro sliders, I don't have problems winning games, I just can't drive with Zion.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Speed Differential

I'm on current gen so not sure what you are on CG or NG. But I'm working on sliders. From my early testing you can try a few things.

Lower CPU On Ball Defense and Lateral Quickness. I have these at 25 and 35.

Adjust Speed and Quickness for both CPU and Human. I have Speed at 35 and Quickness at 75.

Note increasing Quickness can improve defense so watch shooting % and adjust shooting slider a little as needed.

Adjust Movement sliders. I have Ball Carrier Speed and Quickness at 75 max and 40 min and Non Ball Carrier at 70 max and 25 min.

Also setting Inside and Driving Contact Defense sliders higher can make driving a little easier too. This may make shooting percent lower but help driving.

Lots of variables and every tweak can have other consequences so its tricky to get right. This is why most sliders take time to test and tweak.

Then patches change stuff and it's back to the drawing board. LoL.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

Others may have different insights too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »