Home

Real Player % vs Shot Timing / Can guys go off ?

This is a discussion on Real Player % vs Shot Timing / Can guys go off ? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Real Player % vs Shot Timing / Can guys go off ?

My question is this. Using real player % do people that use it feel like guys can just catch fire on any given night and shoot well above their percentage ?

I have always preferred Real Player % to have guys shoot mostly as they do in real life but it has really seemed like I don't see guys have nights where they are lights out. Even mediocre 3-Point shooters sometimes have nights where they get hot and can't miss.

The second question from there is if I feel like this doesn't happen enough if I lowered the offensive consistency silder would that help players have a wider range of outcomes on any given night both good and bad or does that slider only make the players worse.

Just curious. Last year was the first time I tried using the Shot Timing a little bit and I had a game with Lillard where I just went crazy hitting everything and felt like I hadn't really seen that before with Real Player %. But if I use Timing how much does that make the ratings less meaningful. Does anyone know this ?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Real Player % vs Shot Timing / Can guys go off ?

After a a few days of experimenting I’ve noticed to Increase “Shot Coverage Impact” to at least 70 and you’ll find more baskets going in. In 2K22, it seems harder to score since the CPU defender is guarding the User so closely this year and giving you barely any room. Thank goodness they have “Shot Coverage Impact” adjustable in the gameplay sliders. Increase it to make your shots go in more even when there’s tight coverage (happens often in the NBA)
Old 09-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
After a a few days of experimenting I’ve noticed to Increase “Shot Coverage Impact” to at least 70 and you’ll find more baskets going in. In 2K22, it seems harder to score since the CPU defender is guarding the User so closely this year and giving you barely any room. Thank goodness they have “Shot Coverage Impact” adjustable in the gameplay sliders. Increase it to make your shots go in more even when there’s tight coverage (happens often in the NBA)
Interesting... so you're inferring that the shot coverage slider is inverted, in that the greater the value the less good coverage impacts shooting? Would the same be true for the shot timing impact slider, where higher values mean more "slightly early/late" shots go in?

I'd like to keep some element of timing on... but I don't want Greens to be the end-all-be-all
Old 09-17-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Interesting... so you're inferring that the shot coverage slider is inverted, in that the greater the value the less good coverage impacts shooting? Would the same be true for the shot timing impact slider, where higher values mean more "slightly early/late" shots go in?

I'd like to keep some element of timing on... but I don't want Greens to be the end-all-be-all
Yes, you’ll find more shots going in with this slider higher. I have it at 70 for user and 30 for cpu and it’s making shooing % more realistic for both teams.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:40 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Yes, you’ll find more shots going in with this slider higher. I have it at 70 for user and 30 for cpu and it’s making shooing % more realistic for both teams.
Have you messed with the shot timing slider yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2021, 01:39 PM   #6
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Have you messed with the shot timing slider yet
No, I’m a real % shooting guy
Old 09-17-2021, 08:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I find that if i use real player % they don't miss at all everytime i shoot with them from 3 or even mid range, I'm playing on all-star. Is anyone else experiencing this or is there some sliders i can adjust for this issues. thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »