Home

CPU attacking the paint, PIP too high?

This is a discussion on CPU attacking the paint, PIP too high? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
CPU attacking the paint, PIP too high?

If you’re like me and want to see lower CPU PIP with more mid-range shots taken then you should edit the roster you are using. I would say that roster tendencies trump gameplay tendency sliders even.

New discovery, after looking thoroughly at the default 2K roster I found it puzzling why the driving dunk tendency was so high for star and offensive minded players. I mass lowered it and made sure that the driving pull up mid-range tendency slider was higher and this definitely made a difference. Seeing a lot more mid-range shots taken and the CPU doesn’t relentlessly attack the basket, instead the CPU is using a varied mix now.

It doesn’t matter what sliders you use, if the Roster tendencies aren’t right, it won’t play out like you want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU attacking the paint, PIP too high?

How do you mass edit this mid range tendency for say 2k roster ?
Old 09-28-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU attacking the paint, PIP too high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
If you’re like me and want to see lower CPU PIP with more mid-range shots taken then you should edit the roster you are using. I would say that roster tendencies trump gameplay tendency sliders even.

New discovery, after looking thoroughly at the default 2K roster I found it puzzling why the driving dunk tendency was so high for star and offensive minded players. I mass lowered it and made sure that the driving pull up mid-range tendency slider was higher and this definitely made a difference. Seeing a lot more mid-range shots taken and the CPU doesn’t relentlessly attack the basket, instead the CPU is using a varied mix now.

It doesn’t matter what sliders you use, if the Roster tendencies aren’t right, it won’t play out like you want to.
Lower the take inside shot of cpu to below 10, and the attack the basket to 9. Then up the mid range to 80 and 3pt to 75.

CPU PIP after the game will be ubder 50pts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »