Home

Finally figured out the player movement

This is a discussion on Finally figured out the player movement within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-23-2021, 06:02 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally figured out the player movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
UPDATEd after latest patch 2/11/21
Changes are in red

after the latest patch the movement was off. One thing I figured out is that vertical unleashes how quick your player gets up in the air. The players now how have a soft bounce when moving and do not jitter around especially when switching directions. Had to lower pass speed because the game seemed faster since the latest patch. Surprisingly raising the attributes for speed and acceleration made the players look smoother not faster. 2k is funny like this . Keeping these basic slider adjustments makes it easy to correct when 2k drops patch after patch. Seeing very much the same animations playing out as my first set, so it is encouraging to see that I don’t have to mess with a whole bunch of sliders. After posting multiple sliders that I find rewarding and using a few here on OS , I decided to flip the switch on my approach and what I’ve seen on OS.
My dilemma with 2k is it’s slow reaction time and natural flow to the game.

I didn’t want to go all out on sliders either. I wanted to keep the base sets, so they play according to their difficulty level. Some things I was looking for are:
- How do players walk then run or basically all out sprint ?
- Next is how accurate is the hand on the ball when shooting and passing. Does the ball unrealistically leave the hand before the motion is completed ?
- How is the contact under the rim. Do players react to block or defend without delay?
- How do players back peddle on defense?
- Do players catch and shoot without delay?

First thing I did was raise game speed to 65
- this triggers the animations faster and it makes the CPU get into their offense much quicker and more realistic.

Second thing is I start on HOF.
- this keeps it competitive and rewarding

Third thing is the following sliders I only change.

On the User side I change 3pt shooting to 70

Next is the attributes for both user and CPU.
User/ CPU
pass speed 40/40
- acceleration. 35/25. 40/30
- vertical. 45/35 45/30
- strength. 70/60
- speed. 45/35 55/35

major update 2/12
Default HOF
User 3pt success 70
User vertical 100
Game speed is still 65
Just apply those 3 sliders only to default HOF

you can try both slider sets, but I prefer the most recent one . Let me know which one U guys prefer .
These changes have made the game look and feel like the NBA.

I know you think a 65 game speed might be to fast, but try it out with the very simple slider adjustments and see that it plays slower and smoother than you think.

U can adjust other sliders for your liking but I would start with these first.

Enjoy!!!

Where can I get this sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by The commission; 03-23-2021 at 06:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2021, 02:02 PM   #42
Rookie

uforce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Finally figured out the player movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Hi Brooke. I've followed your posts since 2018. Great work!

Back then you were recommending playing on PRO and tweaking from there. Yet now you're referring to HOF.

Do I understand you correctly that you're playing on HOF and just changing those 3 sliders?

Currently I am barely winning games on Pro, so a jump to HOF may not look pretty...

Thanks for your advice

i’m in the same boat. i tried a game and only lost by 3. i led multiple times. it was fun. give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »