Home

NBA 2k21 current gen broken defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2k21 current gen broken defense within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k21 current gen broken defense

Hi guys,
I'm a bit desperate, since I can't find any slider set, neither to tweak in order to get really tough CPU defensive. As of now, it's enough simple to hold turbo button and I can go through any defender (even like Lebron or Simons) to the basket (of course it depends on contact shot sliders, whether I hit or not the basket), but the idea, that there doesn't exist any "body" physical defense.
I'm using shady slider set (since he is kind of guru), but for this year - seems something is broken within the game.

Sliders (HOF) set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Xyya4_d90&t=3s
Any ideas, guys? Or this is me, who is looking for 90's Pistons defense challenge?
I see only option is start decreasing User speed/acceleration and increasing for CPU - but conceptually it doesn't look logical.. Already tried with lateral quickness (max for CPU), body up sensitivity (max for CPU) - no changes..

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2k21 current gen broken defense

I can confirm that this a huge problem after the latest update. I scored 50 points in the paint in the first half with Harden. All fastbreak dunks.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I know in past years on last gen you could decrease the Drive Contact Shot Frequency slider for the USER to get more brick-wall animations instead of blow-byes.

My 2K18 set had Body-Up and Lateral Quickness at 100 for the CPU and then Drive Contact Shot Frequency at 40 for the USER, specifically to make CPU defenders stop being turnstiles. Try that maybe?

(I haven't played current gen 2K21 so I have no idea if it still works)
Old 12-21-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senelius
Hi guys,
I'm a bit desperate, since I can't find any slider set, neither to tweak in order to get really tough CPU defensive. As of now, it's enough simple to hold turbo button and I can go through any defender (even like Lebron or Simons) to the basket (of course it depends on contact shot sliders, whether I hit or not the basket), but the idea, that there doesn't exist any "body" physical defense.
I'm using shady slider set (since he is kind of guru), but for this year - seems something is broken within the game.

Sliders (HOF) set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Xyya4_d90&t=3s
Any ideas, guys? Or this is me, who is looking for 90's Pistons defense challenge?
I see only option is start decreasing User speed/acceleration and increasing for CPU - but conceptually it doesn't look logical.. Already tried with lateral quickness (max for CPU), body up sensitivity (max for CPU) - no changes..

Thanks
Try Popboys slider set. He is more of a guru than shady. I’m using his superstar set and they are great.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I know in past years on last gen you could decrease the Drive Contact Shot Frequency slider for the USER to get more brick-wall animations instead of blow-byes.

My 2K18 set had Body-Up and Lateral Quickness at 100 for the CPU and then Drive Contact Shot Frequency at 40 for the USER, specifically to make CPU defenders stop being turnstiles. Try that maybe?

(I haven't played current gen 2K21 so I have no idea if it still works)

Thanks, Ecccentric! Will give a shot. I'm really missing your sliders set for this year for current gen version
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2020, 05:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Try Popboys slider set. He is more of a guru than shady. I’m using his superstar set and they are great.
Just tried Pop's HOF set and it really feels more challenging! Thanks a lot for suggestion, mate
Old 12-23-2020, 05:24 AM   #7
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np

Thank you for messaging me back the other day on these man!! I still can’t totally break away from Madden lol but these are working very well. I was frustrated as he** before you told me about these.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »