Home

2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

This is a discussion on 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-16-2020, 06:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
Has anybody figured out how to get realistic fast break numbers for the CPU? I consistently see 3 or 5 fast break points and I went into the coach profiles and changed everyone to run in transition. They seem to want to run but end up never passing to open shooter or they all wait for PG to get the ball. Thanks.
The problem here is still with how these games are scripted. Fastbreak points should really be counted more - like when the tempo speeds up and not just off a loose rebound or long outlet pass. The game can't comprehend that fastbreak points need to happen on a more regular basis because the CPU plays a half court style that doesn't really adjust much at all.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I got some fast breaks finally by bumping up hands, passing lanes and on ball steals as suggested. So thank you.

Out of curiosity which tendencies would I change to get shots up quicker in transition? I’ve done a ton of tendency editing on my roster. Most players are playing realistically shot wise etc

I can’t for the life of me stop Harden from taking 35-40 shots a game despite lowering freelance quote a bit along with other tendency changes. Maybe it’s in his attributes?

I’m big on trying to get realistic numbers. Thanks again
Old 12-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
I got some fast breaks finally by bumping up hands, passing lanes and on ball steals as suggested. So thank you.

Out of curiosity which tendencies would I change to get shots up quicker in transition? I’ve done a ton of tendency editing on my roster. Most players are playing realistically shot wise etc

I can’t for the life of me stop Harden from taking 35-40 shots a game despite lowering freelance quote a bit along with other tendency changes. Maybe it’s in his attributes?

I’m big on trying to get realistic numbers. Thanks again
Glad those tweaks are working for you.

Increasing the "Hands" attributes to get more deflections is one of those little things that you never think of, but ALWAYS see in games. IRL, steals occur mostly off batted balls rather than clean steals. There are also many many instances in a real game when multiple players go for a rebound and the ball is tipped out of bounds. This is why I think maxing out the Hands attribute makes for an important small, but realistic detail in this game.

As for Harden, I would probably just manually lower his shot tendencies. Check out some previous games you've played and see who had a realistic/comparable game in terms of shot attempts, then take a look at their tendency attributes compared to Harden and figure out where the discrepancy lies if you can.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
Glad those tweaks are working for you.

Increasing the "Hands" attributes to get more deflections is one of those little things that you never think of, but ALWAYS see in games. IRL, steals occur mostly off batted balls rather than clean steals. There are also many many instances in a real game when multiple players go for a rebound and the ball is tipped out of bounds. This is why I think maxing out the Hands attribute makes for an important small, but realistic detail in this game.

As for Harden, I would probably just manually lower his shot tendencies. Check out some previous games you've played and see who had a realistic/comparable game in terms of shot attempts, then take a look at their tendency attributes compared to Harden and figure out where the discrepancy lies if you can.
Are you talking about increasing the individual player attributes or the slider tendency at a higher rate? I can probably speak for most people when I say I thought more of the opposite, that worse hands would cause more turnovers by the offense.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Are you talking about increasing the individual player attributes or the slider tendency at a higher rate? I can probably speak for most people when I say I thought more of the opposite, that worse hands would cause more turnovers by the offense.
In the game sliders, put user and the cpu value for hands at 100. The hands attribute tells us that it represents deflections.

I agree with you that it is counter-intuitive. We usually think of hands (in sports) of being able to catch the ball. I don't know why they didn't just name it deflections instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2020, 09:25 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
In the game sliders, put user and the cpu value for hands at 100. The hands attribute tells us that it represents deflections.

I agree with you that it is counter-intuitive. We usually think of hands (in sports) of being able to catch the ball. I don't know why they didn't just name it deflections instead.
Very interesting. I like that you are new on this site but you know a lot about how this game works. I'd like for you to be a part of my new roster in some way, or even for me just to use your sliders as you try to match it up with my NBA reality roster and the vibes you catch from it (or if you already are aware or have downloaded in the past).....
Old 12-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #23
Pro

I played an entire 12 min quarter, CPU did not get a shooting foul at all. Slider at 70. I can’t imagine it at 100.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
I played an entire 12 min quarter, CPU did not get a shooting foul at all. Slider at 70. I can’t imagine it at 100.
Bumping up the foul sliders increase the chances of a foul being called.

If you want to see fouls committed by the CPU, go to the sliders and under CPU, increase them. Vice versa if you want to see more fouls committed by the human.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »