Home

Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations

This is a discussion on Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #9
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Real 2K Project | Slider Reviews and Recommendations

Thanks for responding Retro. I've been following yours (and many others) slider discussions for years. I'll try to answer each point, as this was a detailed response.

Quote:
This is a slippery slope, and you need to understand why.

Not only do people have different playstyles, but they also have different skill levels. And, they often have different feelings on pace, what negatively impacts the experience, and more.
I'm open to hearing everyone's styles. Of course, people don't have to take my word for what is "the most realistic." I try to account for these worries by being transparent with my gameplay style (showing full video) and my own thoughts on the purpose of sliders. I'm not officially sponsored by 2K or OS. However, I think it would be helpful to cross compare sliders, for the slider user more so than the slider maker. The goal is to make it sim gameplay more accessible.

Quote:
For example, my sliders (I have been doing them for 3 releases on here, and more over the NLSC), have great feedback overall, because they specifically target player movement (the feel, flow, pace) in order to give the user a more balanced, less frustrating fun experience. My sliders are NOT a complete slider set, the main goal is improved player movement and trying to remedy some of the canned two man animations, being sucked into players constantly, speed/acceleration breaks, giving the user the ability to actually catch and go, accelerated off a first step or bounce, be able to go up on the paint with more freedom, etc.

They also target shooting, and offensive/defensive rebound balance etc.
These are important aspects. Someone may be looking for exactly that. Or they may be looking for something different. I'm just creating a centralized hub for that info (across multiple sets), because no one else is doing it and it could be helpful for the newcomer.

Quote:
You could use my set, and it not be for you (just like any other set) and give it a poor review, which would turn off people who may have tried the set had they not seen the review, people who COULD have benefited from it. You also mentioned posting numbers, that is not fair to the slider maker, either. As the numbers depend highly on the USER controlling the action. The skill level of the user, the pace of the user, and other factors.

And I am saying this not just for my sliders, but for ANYBODY who creates sliders on here. For example, a lot of people Live Shady Mike's sliders, but they are not for me. How fair would it be for me to give a slider review giving his sliders a poor grade, which would turn OFF people who could benefit from them?
I agree 100% about numbers and that's why I tend to stick with videos as they do a better job of showing "the skill level of the user, the pace of the user, and other factors."

Quote:
Again, I see what you are trying to do. But you need to factor in all I mentioned above. For myself, if you go back and look at my 2K20 and 2K19 slider feedback, I have pages upon pages of great results where people had an improved experience. I don't want my set, or someone else's sets not being used or looked at based on a review and overall grade in this thread. That is not fair to the slider maker in the least.
That's the thing. Pages upon pages of results (for multiple slider threads) is not necessarily accessible for the newcomer. I understand not being fair to the slider maker (I'm a maker as well), however, this is more so for the user. I hope to continue hearing feedback from both sides, and I don't want to alienate the makers, which brings us to the point below.

Quote:
Creating sliders is a selfless act, with the goal of giving people options and hopefully improving the overall experience they have with the game. By giving reviews/grades on these OPTIONS, you are making it a competition and treating it like a selfish act. Whether that is your intent or not, that is how it comes off.
I try mulitple slider sets over the course of the 2K cycle. I would think creating a multi-set review thread is no different than leaving feedback in each of the slider threads. It's just centralized. What I want to ask slider makers:
How can I make this project useful like feedback in your own thread (which we currently accept)?

While I am focused more on the user side, I want this to be a mutually beneficial project and the ultimate goal is to raise awareness/accessiblity for simulation gameplay. Particularly because 2K seems dominated by the more ****** side of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Not sure this has a place here.
Hm, if not here, where should it go? 2K General Forum? Not on OS?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #10
Pro

I will say again, just remember that you may turn people off from trying sliders that could benefit them and their style of play.

Please do not review my sliders, I am asking that mine be excluded from any review here for the same reasons I stated above. I want people to have the ability to truly try them and decide for themselves without any review or grade.

Thank you,
Old 09-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #11
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
I will say again, just remember that you may turn people off from trying sliders that could benefit them and their style of play.

Please do not review my sliders, I am asking that mine be excluded from any review here for the same reasons I stated above. I want people to have the ability to truly try them and decide for themselves without any review or grade.

Thank you,
All respect. I'll keep my feedback of your set in your thread.
If anyone else feels similarly, please let me know before I test.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
All respect. I'll keep my feedback of your set in your thread.
If anyone else feels similarly, please let me know before I test.
As I said earlier, I'm interested in feedback. I stated in my slider post how I play, my skill and approach, and the focus I intended. With this in mind, feedback in your thread is fine but I would avoid scoring or rating anyone's sliders. Comments about strengths and opportunities to improve, your observations based on your style of play, or thoughts about the type of player that might enjoy or appreciate a specific slider set seems OK.

For example - my son uses my sliders but they are too easy for him so we tweak then for his skills and experience. He would rate my sliders poor for his needs. But others (like me) may find them to be exactly what they want.

It is also worth noting that some of us (me included) are also suggesting roster edits that combine with the sliders to create the experience intended. This is important to take into considerations also. There are aspects of he game that sliders can't address. Be sure to be objective and include these considerations as well.

I'm OK with a summary description of your observations that might point players to a slider set that they might enjoy. This seems fine and might be a valuable service to some. Grades are not.

I would also like comments/feedback about my set in my thread to create a conversation there about possible improvements or options for tweaks that other playstyles might want to make.

These feedback loops help slider makers consider improvements. At the end of the day suggestions might not get added to the official set if they don't meet the objectives that the author intends. But the dialogue is helpful.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #13
a goat

duce's Arena

Back to it. Playing Hall of Fame default to see where it stands this year.

Killed by the nuggets in my first game. I might move to Real FG% eventually but this was a challenge. Even still, I'm seeing the pick and roll issues and the transition defense, though I only dominated with it once they began double teaming. CPU Awareness and Def Consistency issues. Will keep building from here.

Last edited by duce; 12-01-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #14
Rookie

Went to my 2K settings and this is the first time I ever saw settings. ONLINE VERSUS.

Looks like the settings for online play 5 on 5.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #15
a goat

duce's Arena

Back up, now on PS5.

Started first on HOF games. It looks like I'm seeing the same thing as others, terrible help defense on the pick and roll. Big fan of the charges, blocking, and shooting fouls this year. Seems like we've started in a great place for sliders. I'll be checking out the next-gen sets posted here. If there are any others, let me know.

Last edited by duce; 12-01-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #16
Rookie

teknofilo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Back up, now on PS5.

Started first on HOF games. It looks like I'm seeing the same thing as others, terrible help defense on the pick and roll. Big fan of the charges, blocking, and shooting fouls this year. Seems like we've started in a great place for sliders. I'll be checking out the next-gen sets posted here. If there are any others, let me know.
we look forward to your more in-depth impressions. in my opinion the teammates are really bad again, they make very little movement. I'm on Xbox, if you want we can work together to bring the experience on both consoles

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »